Riding jacket suggestion

Harishhari

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum. I'm planning to visit Leh in June and July part by taxi, part by motorbike (driving around Leh, Nubra and Pangong). I have a lightweight cold jacket I use in NY which is somewhat sufficient in cold weather along with another sweater however it does not protect me from wind. I'm now confused whether to buy a good windbreaker(and rain jacket) along with armor guards or buy a proper riding jacket.

I read through couple of posts in the forum and figured some popular brands used such as Cramter, DSG etc., however since I live in NY I have an option of buying a jacket here as well if I cannot buy it back in India(Bangalore). Can you suggest me some good jackets that fit my purpose or would I be better of buying a nice windbreaker? I don't have a budget at this point but I guess I can shell out about 100$ (5-6k Rupees). I'm not much of a biker but if I do buy one riding jacket, I would prefer to use it in the city(Bangalore) as well.

Thank you,
Harish

adsatinder

explorer
Buy riding jacket by Cramster etc. It is much safer to ride on Ladakh ride.
You can sell it later.
This way investment will be much less !
LOL !

We have a Buy Sell section too !

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I use Rjays all weather jacket. Its quite good. have done more than 12k kms on it on my bike. Thermal lining and its a mesh jacket. Reflectors are present too. comes at around 120 USD.

If you want to check out LS2 jackets, you can try them too.

Both are good for riding in the city too.

if you have an athletic build, you should go for LS2. You will get protection and looks both from it.

its better to go out and try some . If you are in Bangalore, go to HSR layout, Xtorque just opposite to NIFT bangalore has good collection.

letsgearup too on the same road and they have some used jackets too if you want to look in that. The girl at the shop reminds of the lady lead in the movie TORQUE. she rides a KTM rc 390 and has tons of certifications in riding bikes on and off track. She has a good collection too.

Harishhari

I'm seeing a Joe Rocket Comet Jacket available online closeout for $134. Is this a good deal? and would this be good for Ladakh trip, and city wear as well?

I usually get small T-shirts/Jackets. Not sure if I need to take one size up to fit me correctly after wearing a thermal/sweatshirt. Please suggest me what to do.

https://www.mxmegastore.com/joe-rocket-comet-textile-motorcycle-jacket.html?utm_source=google_shopping&92=5&135=153&gclid=CjwKEAjwlq24BRDMjdK7g8mD6BASJABBl8n3oAIu61y3VHjwEphMpclbVT0qBZHya1jsBsxTDbCfWhoCq5Pw_wcB

Thanks

the great

Biking Brotherhood Ladakh jacket. I use this jacket and its great overall.

Tried the LS2 jackets too and they look really well finished products but the safety equipment on the ladakh is better.

Here is a video for BB Ladakh Jacket

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones

Tried the LS2 jackets too and they look really well finished products but the safety equipment on the ladakh is better.

Still rjays and ls2 rock

Harishhari

Looks good. Is there a dealer I can find in Bangalore for both LS2 and BB Ladakh jacket? I'm not sure if I can buy online as I will only have 1 week in Bangalore before I go for my trip. Even if I can, I do not know how the sizes work for these jackets.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Looks good. Is there a dealer I can find in Bangalore for both LS2 and BB Ladakh jacket? I'm not sure if I can buy online as I will only have 1 week in Bangalore before I go for my trip. Even if I can, I do not know how the sizes work for these jackets.

Address: 27th Main Rd, Parangi Palaya, Sector 2, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102
Phone:096111 19645

call ahead, they should have.
you can go and try it at their store too.

they also have bike groups if you are interested.

if you can go to marathalli, near Ezone, check this out too

http://www.6kisleofman.com/

its owned by Khivraj Motors' owner, whose name is seen at every bajaj service center in bangalore.

not much from HSR layout, you can check it out.

Harishhari

Nice. Finding new shops to check out riding gear in Bangalore every day.Didnt know there were many riding gear shops in Bangalore..Thanks.