road condition delhi to chail

anurag14

Hi,
I have 3 days off and a new Tiago to test drive. I have shortlisted Chail since I have not been there and it has been on my mind for quite sometime.

I will be driving from Delhi and need some suggestions on the best route to take, I am keen to avoid Chandigarh and Shimla. Also it will be big help to know the road conditions and if its a good time to visit Chail around 20 June.

Need some help with this

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
Hi,
I have 3 days off and a new Tiago to test drive. I have shortlisted Chail since I have not been there and it has been on my mind for quite sometime.

I will be driving from Delhi and need some suggestions on the best route to take, I am keen to avoid Chandigarh and Shimla. Also it will be big help to know the road conditions and if its a good time to visit Chail around 20 June.

Need some help with this
Hi.. bro.. expert people herein Bcmt are busy in their day to day activities..

Even i am looking for the same but our dates are different 9-11...

As far as i come to know from various YouTube vlogs roads work are going on... And you may face traffic.. if you finalized some hotels & etc pls share your thoughts here.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
The Shimla route itself starts from Zirakpur, which avoids Chandigarh altogether, and for Chail, the cut is there around Kandaghat which bypasses Shimla, and goes via Sadhupul, to Chail. Any time is a good time for Chail route I would say, other people can confirm

@ Tushar Tiwari

adsatinder

explorer
A news is here:

Keep sometime for road block for few hours due to construction work going on at Zirakpur - Shimla Highway.
Weekends see good rush, better go on weekdays.

adsatinder

explorer
I did the trip to Shimla and back, and here are few pointers for people who like to go in coming few days-
1- Roads are more or less good apart from few diversions here and there between Parwanoo and Solan.
2- Traffic was relatively lower this weekend on the route and there were no jams which would make your brains explode, they were all Bumper to Bumper jams, but moving all the way.
3- I did not find any timing restrictions or stoppage over the weekend as we saw the news articles few days back, i came to know about a person who travelled overnight in bus from Chandigarh at 1am and the bus reached shimla at 5 in the morning.
4-Speed limit over the Zirakpur-Pinjore garden cut has been increased to 100kmph, which used to be 90kmph before.
5-Only bottleneck over the entire route is Kumarhatti intersection which will eat up 15-20 mins of your time, but it keeps on moving.

@ Tushar Tiwari

skysat2005

Super User
Crossing Solan (Bypass route) is another nightmare on this route. Heavy traffic is encountered on this road in morning and the evenings.

Highway Apostle

To put simply, its a wonderful drive on the tarmac till Zirakpur only if you leave Delhi at 03.00 Am & not 04.00 Am. Then you will find your ascend nice & beautiful & relatively free of traffic. You will be ahead of the smartest guy by nearly an hour on the road. As AD said, Solan is an issue but you will glide through as you will have the time advantage over a Delhite but not from anybody who has started from Chandigarh. Roads are clear at the moment. Stop short of Kumarhatti for a coffee at CCD. Best of luck. Hope you have a hotel in Chail.

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
Any pointers for hotels for max 7 family members...

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
Another member today
@rahi :

Reached Narkanda from Ambala this afternoon via Kufri Route.
Encountered no jams anywhere except 1-2 traffic congestion spots around Solan.