road condition Pune to Nagpur

uturn

Super User
Previously MP roads were in terrible conditions now a days improved a lot but not like usa/Europe even shrilanka has better roads than us.

Sometimes politicians are more than enthusiastic.

Now MH has worst roads in most parts & better in MP even though it's Mr.Gadakari's home pitch.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

rkkul

Hi Guys,

can someone throw somelight on Jalna- Mehkar route ( or perse Pune-NGP route) road conditions.
I will be travelling from Pune - Nagpur via Pune-Nagar-Jalna- Mekhar-Karanja-Amravati-Nagpur road on in May 2018.

Pawan Kumar Singh

Pune to Jalna is 4 lane SH in average condition & prefer going by Aurangabad city & avoid taking bypass there. Also from Jalna till Amravati via Mehekar roads are pretty bad in condition and small markets en-route in these towns hence they might slow you down to 40 or 60 KMPH but after Amravati till Nagpur you have a excellent road with average speed of 100 kmph. In last october 2017 i have taken road trip from Pune to Nagpur which took me exact 12 HRS in my swift Dzire. Left Pune at 05:00 AM & reached 17:00 HRS @ Nagpur.

rkkul

Pune to Jalna is 4 lane SH in average condition & prefer going by Aurangabad city & avoid taking bypass there. Also from Jalna till Amravati via Mehekar roads are pretty bad in condition and small markets en-route in these towns hence they might slow you down to 40 or 60 KMPH but after Amravati till Nagpur you have a excellent road with average speed of 100 kmph. In last october 2017 i have taken road trip from Pune to Nagpur which took me exact 12 HRS in my swift Dzire. Left Pune at 05:00 AM & reached 17:00 HRS @ Nagpur.
Thanks! Pawan

rkkul

Hi Guys,

any idea about road condition from Jalna to Shegaon. Is Jalna bypass ok or from city ? is jalna - deulgaon raja - chikli - khamgaon - Shegaon road in good condition. any alternate route please suggest

Swapnil chatur

I am travelling to Amravati from Pune this week end. any update on recent road condition? preferred route is Pune-Aurangabad-Jalana-Mehekar-Karanja-Amravati

Swapnil chatur

I am travelling to Amravati from Pune this week end. any update on recent road condition? preferred route is Pune-Aurangabad-Jalana-Mehekar-Karanja-Amravati
Well, I am done with my trip to Amravati with below route,
Pune -> Nagar -> Aurangabad-> Jalna-> Sindhkhed Raja-> Mehekar->Karanja-> Amravati
Road till Jalana is four lane and is in good condition. I did not take by pass on the way and traversed through Nagar and Aurangabad city. if you start early from Pune you can avoid city traffic. Post Jalana you get single lane road. Condition of the road is mostly OK till Mehekar, approx 5 KM before and after Mehekar road is Pathatic, you have to be extra careful while driving. You might be picking up speed in this section and you will have large potholes to surprise you. Once you cross that stretch, road remains OK till Karanja, Between, Karanja and Amravati there is road work in progress and lot of diversion on the way. once you hit National highway 6 near Loni road condition just deteriorate. I was able to make it to Amravati in 11 hours including break fast and Lunch break.

On my way back I had to visit Shegaon so I took below route,

Amravati -> Akola -> Shegaon -> Khamgaon -> Mehekar -> Jalana -> Nagar -> Aurangabad -> Pune

Road between Amravati and Akola is under construction. already short road is even sorter and there is no shoulder to roads at most places. depending on traffic it might take up to 2.5 hours to reach Akola. Road from Akola to Shegaon is fairly OK. Once you take right from NH 6 towards Shegaon, road start to get better, barring few diversion road is really good. We started early morning from Shegaon towards Pune. The entire stretch between Shegaon and Khamgaon is under construction, loads of diversion on the way and small drive way will make your life miserable. Once you cross Khamgaon road condition further deteriorate, most of the stretch is digged up and at many places you literally have to crawl at 20-30 KMPH. There will be occasional good patches of road but it wont last long before you hit Ganeshpur. Post Ganeshpur you get longer good patches of road and you you can easily make 100 KMPH. be aware of the small bad patches surprising you on the way. Once you take left turn towards Mehekar, road starts to get better. There also is road construction in underway and at many places you have to drive off the road as only one vehicle can pass through. As you approach Mehekar you will get smother surface but single lane. At time road width will suddenly shrink without any warning message so be extra careful if you are travelling during night. Once you are near Deoulgao Raja road is much better and barring one or two diversion you shall cruise to Jalana in no time. Road from Jalana to Pune remains 4 lane and in good condition.

There are road construction work going on at many places and if your car is having low ground clearance you got to be careful. Hope this details help to plan your journey.

uturn

Super User
Well, I am done with my trip to Amravati with below route,
Pune -> Nagar -> Aurangabad-> Jalna-> Sindhkhed Raja-> Mehekar->Karanja-> Amravati
Road till Jalana is four lane and is in good condition. I did not take by pass on the way and traversed through Nagar and Aurangabad city. if you start early from Pune you can avoid city traffic. Post Jalana you get single lane road. Condition of the road is mostly OK till Mehekar, approx 5 KM before and after Mehekar road is Pathatic, you have to be extra careful while driving. You might be picking up speed in this section and you will have large potholes to surprise you. Once you cross that stretch, road remains OK till Karanja, Between, Karanja and Amravati there is road work in progress and lot of diversion on the way. once you hit National highway 6 near Loni road condition just deteriorate. I was able to make it to Amravati in 11 hours including break fast and Lunch break.

On my way back I had to visit Shegaon so I took below route,

Amravati -> Akola -> Shegaon -> Khamgaon -> Mehekar -> Jalana -> Nagar -> Aurangabad -> Pune

Road between Amravati and Akola is under construction. already short road is even sorter and there is no shoulder to roads at most places. depending on traffic it might take up to 2.5 hours to reach Akola. Road from Akola to Shegaon is fairly OK. Once you take right from NH 6 towards Shegaon, road start to get better, barring few diversion road is really good. We started early morning from Shegaon towards Pune. The entire stretch between Shegaon and Khamgaon is under construction, loads of diversion on the way and small drive way will make your life miserable. Once you cross Khamgaon road condition further deteriorate, most of the stretch is digged up and at many places you literally have to crawl at 20-30 KMPH. There will be occasional good patches of road but it wont last long before you hit Ganeshpur. Post Ganeshpur you get longer good patches of road and you you can easily make 100 KMPH. be aware of the small bad patches surprising you on the way. Once you take left turn towards Mehekar, road starts to get better. There also is road construction in underway and at many places you have to drive off the road as only one vehicle can pass through. As you approach Mehekar you will get smother surface but single lane. At time road width will suddenly shrink without any warning message so be extra careful if you are travelling during night. Once you are near Deoulgao Raja road is much better and barring one or two diversion you shall cruise to Jalana in no time. Road from Jalana to Pune remains 4 lane and in good condition.

There are road construction work going on at many places and if your car is having low ground clearance you got to be careful. Hope this details help to plan your journey.
From Khamgao you went via mehekar?
not through chikhali Deolgao Raja jalana any news about this road conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swapnil chatur

From Khamgao you went via mehekar?
not through chikhali Deolgao Raja jalana any news about this road conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My apologies, not via Mehekar but via Chikhali. Thanks for pointing out. road construction is in full swing along the way and it get's better as you appoach deolgao raja.

Pharaoh

Sorry for asking silly question guys, but is it possible that GPS can help with best route spontaneously?
I will be travelling in April to Nagzira hence asking.