Road Condition - Pune to Shegaon .

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by Abhijeet31, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Abhijeet31

Abhijeet31 New Member

Hi ,
    Please update the Road Condition from Pune to Shegaon .

Till Jalna i now 4 lane Road . But after Jalna till Shegaon what is the Road Condition .

My Route will Be

Pune- Aurangabad -Jalna-Chikhli-Khamgaon-Shegaon.

2. Mangesh Loharkar

Mangesh Loharkar MVL

What has been your experience, please share . I plan to travel on same route in coming few days.
    I had taken same route in 2010 , at that time the Jalna - Khamgaon Road via Chikhli was in very bad condition.
    thanks,

3. uturn

uturn Super User

I did last year jalna chikhali khamgao was in bad shape even don't try A.nagar bypass it was also in bad shape.
    Need to drive this month on the same route but mostly avoiding and going via mumbai -nasik-dhule -jalgaon -khamgao -shegao wl update.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

4. Mangesh Loharkar

Mangesh Loharkar MVL

thanks, I just traveled by same Nasik route while coming back from Shegaon. Up to Dhule it is very busy route, truck traffic , pot holes and no city bypass at Jalgaon and other enroute cities. I would rather take Jalna, Aurangabad route which is better and faster; except for Kahmgaon Jalna road, which I pray should be in better shape now.
    I travelled to Nagpur from Mumbai via Pune, Aurangabad, Mahekar, Amravati route. Road are good upto Jalna and okay from Jalna to Amravati.
    It was evening-Night travel from Jalna-Amravati hence took more time than usual, incoming Truck and bus traffic and isolated roads.
    I think except for Jalna-Khamgaon road issue , travel time would be much less than Nasik route.
    Let me know and I will also update after I come back.

uturn likes this.
  5. uturn

uturn Super User

Done Mumbai -Shegaon via Nasik.
    Mumbai -Nasik-Dhule good roads with plenty of rumble speed breakers nasty truckers with every lane blocked.

Dhule -Jalgaon-Khamgao nothing changed in so many years patchy roads with potholes no sign of 4laning poor facilities full of truck traffic need skilled drivers in case driving in late hours.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

6. Mangesh Loharkar

Mangesh Loharkar MVL

Just traveled from Mumbai to Paratwada-Nagpur and back with halt at Aurangabad. First time solo driving.
    Original plan was to travel to Shegaon(Paratwada) via Chikhlli but was advised by many not to take that route , road being in terrible condition from Chikili onwards.
    Jalna to Paratwada via Murtizapur , good road in patches, some time single lane road. Being Sunday there was less traffic all along. Weather was good hence enjoyed.
    Jalna-Amravati road in fairly good condition to travel in daytime, avoid night time travel unless you are used to Head lights on oncoming Trucks/Buses.
    Lots of Petrol pumps and food dhabas/hotels on route.
    Surprisingly I found traffic being more disciplined on country road than in city, truckers and buses allowed to overtake and signaled for clear road ahead while overtaking.
    Jalna to Mumbai roads are good except for few patches. Took Pune bypass via Chakan, this road saves time but should be properly maintained, very narrow and bad in few places.

7. rkkul

rkkul New Member

did anyone travel from Pune - Nagpur recently ? I will travel from Pune - Nagpur via Pune-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehkar-Amravati-Nagpur.
    how is the road condition between Jalna - Amravati ?

8. rkkul

rkkul New Member

I did a trip from shegaon to pune yesterday ( 15 May 2018). road condition from shegaon - khamgaon - chikli - jalna is very bad condition due to road work going on. Also from Amravati to Shegaon is single lane due to road repairing and widening work is going on and other lane is closed. you need to be cautious of oncoming traffic as on coming traffic has no idea that you are sharing that road while they ovetake other vehicle. there is no information boards for drivers.
    As there is no alternate route from Shegaon to Jalna I had no option. But if you are coming from Nagpur to Pune. you can take Nagpur - amravati - Karanja - Mekhar- Jalna. It is very good condition.

uturn likes this.
  9. uturn

uturn Super User

I went two years back surprisingly still in progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk