Road conditions between Nagpur to Bhopal

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by guptambg, Oct 24, 2013.

1. guptambg

guptambg New Member

I m planning to travel from Bangalore to Bhopal via hyd Nagpur,
    If any can help me to KnOW the Road conditions

2. suyash_tripathi

suyash_tripathi Active Member

What vehicle would you be taking? Bangalore-Hyderabad is a wonderful 4 lane road. Hyderabad now has fully functional bypass (ORR) towards Nagpur. From Hyderabad till Adilabad/AP-MH border road is good but thereafter it is very bad for around 25 kms rest all is ok. I did Hyderabad-Nagpur in around 7 hours last month. From Nagpur the direct road to Bhopal via Betul is in very bad shape. From Nagpur one can take a bit longer route via Chhindwara-Tamia-Pipariya-Hoshangabad to Bhopal which is in decent condition. Hope this helps.

3. guptambg

guptambg New Member

Thanks Suyash, that's really helps, I'm have sedan (New fiesta/Verna). the bad shape you mentioned between Nagpur to Bhopal is 4 LANE or still 2 LANE road. have you also traveled between Nagpur and Bhopal as well? however about restaurants/Dhaba's in between.
    how do you see Nagpur - Bhopal highway form safety point of view incase we travel during night ?

sorry I'm raising two many questions but that would really helpful if you could help me out
    thanks & Regards
    Shyam

4. suyash_tripathi

suyash_tripathi Active Member

Nagpur to Bhopal is a two laned NH which is in bad condition for sedan like Verna. Road is safe but i would not suggest night driving as the facilities are far and less enroute. Very limited good restaurants in between, just the truckers kind of Dhaba's. If possible stick to big cities/town for eateries. Day 1 Bangalore-Hyderabad-Adilabad Day 2 Adilabad-Nagpur-Bhopal (by both routes).

5. guptambg

guptambg New Member

thank you very much Suyash, thats truly helpful feedback. I will keep in mind your inputs before I start my travel.

6. Amit Jain105

Amit Jain105 New Member

Let me know if you need more info on travel route from Hyd/Nagpur to Bhopal. I recently did Hyderabad to Delhi and Delhi to Hyderabad in May 2014.

7. Roadhunk

Roadhunk MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI

Bro, the road between nagpur to betul is good, but then after betul is in pretty bad shape. With respect to nagpur to chhindwara the road is excellent.

8. guptambg

guptambg New Member

Thanks Amit, appreciate if you could share your experience about latest roads conditions between Nagpur - Bhopal (NH7) and Bhopal -Gwalior (NH12 & NH3) as you travelled recently.

9. Amit Jain105

Amit Jain105 New Member

Sure, I will be glad to share my experience. Nagpur to Betul is an excellent newly built highway (still Toll Free) and you can zoom without any problem. Though make sure to wear seat belt offcourse for security reasons and also MH Police has good presence on highway, at-least till you cross MH and enter MP. They have specially put on barricades to check cars for seat belt, tinted glasses etc. Apart from that, Nagpur to Betul is very nice and free way.

They are still building highway from Betul to Bhopal, so you need to take diversion and take single lane road from Betul till Bhopal. The road is not so nice and kind or mix n match. Some stretches are OK and some have deep potholes till Itarsi. After Itarsi, it's really a nightmare as roads are in real bad shape till Hoshangabad i.e. very bad road, no road in few stretches, crossing hoshangabad is like winning a war :) due to flyover construction leading to traffic jam, tons of dust and very bad road. Once you pass Hoshangabad, things are OK as there is a single road but still you can move easily. Once you reach near Bhimbetka, MPTDC has a very nice resort on highway itself for decent food/tea break etc. From bhimbetka, road is clear till Bhopal and if you take Bhopal bypass, you again get a very good road for long stretch and then average road till Beaora. From Beaora, road is again OK for Guna and Shivpuri (both by pass) and can reach easily till Gwalior. There are long stretches which are kind of lonely till Gwalior but during day time, it seems safe and decent roads. Before Gwalior, I found a very good petrol pump which has rest rooms, nice stalls of chat, lassi, cool drinks etc so that is good place to halt and fuel your car.

As I was alone driver for this 1700 kms journey with my wife and two small kids, so was taking some precautions for pit stops etc but didn't faced any problem at all. So to sum up, Nagpur to Betul is awesome, Betul to Bhopal is fight to won specially from Itarsi till you cross Hoshangabad and from Bhopal, you get OK/Decent road to Beaora >> Guna >> Shipuri (all bypass) till Gwalior bypass. Has few small dhabas to have breakfast of tea and aloo parantha and lunch (roti and dal makhni).

Feel free to post if you need any more details regarding stay on journey from Hyd to Del and back. While Hyd to Del, I went by Nagpur >> Bhopal >> Gwalior >> Agra and while coming back, I came from Del >> Jaipur >> Kota >> Ujjain >> Akola >> Nanded >> Hyd.

I am again planning to cover this route in coming months as I have to go to visit my parents in Delhi.

Happy Journey.

10. Roadhunk

Roadhunk MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI

Bro, my mom travels daily between Nagpur-Betul highway. And trust me it is pretty safe to drive during night. As the road is in superb state you can cover the distance without getting tired.