Road conditions - Uttarakhand

Nitish Kumar

Good !

How was weather in Nainital today ?
Snowfall happened at Manali.

What about Nainital or nearby ?
Any News of Snowfall heard ?
No snowfall around. Weather is fine and chilly cold but no winds so walks would not be that harsh. No foggy weather like Nainital usually keeps

Light rain was predicted so was hoping but clouds moved. My contacts in media are still hopeful as per weather Dept reports but me not much.

Only 13Dec'19 seen snowfall here and whatever scattered at high reaches is from that

Nitish Kumar

nikhil2877

As it was early morning so didn't see any protest or felt that there is a chance but police presence was not heavy on highway except one two patrols spotted. Bazpur side was null and as it passes through market , can understand that why it was avoidable if I was hitting that point after 8.30 AM in this cold.

Roads are perfect, conditions, not so. It was tense and silent drive than usual fun.

I am at Nainital today and by morning would be in Mukteshwar. Had plans for drive to Chopta from there but planning to drop that as don't want to come from Muzaffarnagar side .. from Nanital mukteshwar, it's 6-6.5 hrs straight and early morning would cross Rampur side and then Hapur bypass would be only point to worry

Nitish Kumar
Thanks Nitish for this update. I am planning to go Champawat, will cross Rampur to go straight to Khatima. But reading into the newspapers, I feel like changing route, like you said, avoiding UP by late morning. Depending on the timing (will start from Faridabad), I will divert from Rampur or from Rudrapur, unless positive news feeds propel me to continue to Khatima, Tanakpur.

Starting Christmas morning to Champawat, then onto Choukori and then to Munsyari !!!

adsatinder

explorer
Thanks Nitish for this update. I am planning to go Champawat, will cross Rampur to go straight to Khatima. But reading into the newspapers, I feel like changing route, like you said, avoiding UP by late morning. Depending on the timing (will start from Faridabad), I will divert from Rampur or from Rudrapur, unless positive news feeds propel me to continue to Khatima, Tanakpur.

Starting Christmas morning to Champawat, then onto Choukori and then to Munsyari !!!
I will recommend to touch hills first then move on hills towards your destination. In Hills, you can drive more without tensions in sunlight and with good views too.

As I can assume, he drives fast and was able to touch hills on time and kept eyes on news for sudden diversions. But he achieved his target on time.

nikhil2877

I will recommend to touch hills first then move on hills towards your destination. In Hills, you can drive more without tensions in sunlight and with good views too.

As I can assume, he drives fast and was able to touch hills on time and kept eyes on news for sudden diversions. But he achieved his target on time.
I agree Satinder paaji. I am also showing road closure till Jan 1 on google before Champawat, so it seems I have to shelve that destination. So my best route should come as:

Faridabad-Rampur-Suar-Bazpur-Nainital-Mukteshwar
and then to Choukori.

So far, no road block known before Munsyari. Hope it stays open by the time I read there.

Any other quick option to hit hills? Moradabad-Tanda-Bazpur? will that be quick early morning??

thanks
Nikhil

adsatinder

explorer
I agree Satinder paaji. I am also showing road closure till Jan 1 on google before Champawat, so it seems I have to shelve that destination. So my best route should come as:

and then to Choukori.

So far, no road block known before Munsyari. Hope it stays open by the time I read there.

Any other quick option to hit hills? Moradabad-Tanda-Bazpur? will that be quick early morning??

thanks
Nikhil
Follow his route only as it was safe to go for him.
Just keep eye on news.
Safety is major concern now.
Rest all can be managed.

Nitish Kumar

and then to Choukori.

thanks
Nikhil
Well! I didn't drove much fast and was actually surprised that I managed to reach by 9.30 AM after starting at 05.05 AM. May be because this time due to these tensions, we didn't stopped anywhere, didn't slow down for anything and specifically fog was not that much while I had expected that since just a day before that was horrible .. example below in office just a day before

Even for returning, I could have left by today itself in noon but chosen to stay one day more so that can leave very early morning. Have dropped the plan for Chopta as that side would include some sensitive areas to pass on highway while this side has two specific points Bazpur and Hapur and while first is short and early morning , the other is bypassed.

Would try to leave from Mukteshwar by 5AM and Targetting to reach back by 11.30 AM

From Faridabad side, avoid Kalindi route but go via DND maybe, should be similar time. Office cabs were stopped for that route for few days

Nitish Kumar