Road conditions - Uttarakhand

adsatinder

explorer
Uttarakhand High Court Verdict on Chardham Management Act। Quick News-Drishti IAS
•Premiered Jul 22, 2020

Drishti IAS

3.33M subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
पिछले दिनों उत्तराखंड उच्च न्यायालय ने चारधाम देवास्थानम प्रबंधन अधिनियम पर अपना निर्णय दिया है । कोर्ट का मानना है कि प्रबंधन बोर्ड के अधिकार किसी मौलिक अधिकार का उल्लंघन नहीं करते लेकिन बोर्ड के पास मन्दिर की संपत्ति के प्रशासन का ही अधिकार होगा जबकि मन्दिर की संपत्ति पर चारधाम श्राइन का अधिकार होगा । दृष्टि आईएएस पेश कर रहा है इस पर एक क्विक न्यूज़ । जिससे आप पूरे मामले को समझ सकेंगे।

citymonk

Super User
Char Dham Yatra is open for all pilgrims from 25th July 2020. Online Yatra e-Pass booking facility for pilgrims visiting from other than Uttarakhand State will be available after 27th July 2020
I read a news paper report in which Pilgrims are complaining that they are not being allowed to go inside any Temple at all, in spite expensive tickets brought by them particularly specifying restrictions and Till what point Pilgrims can go.

adsatinder

explorer
I read a news paper report in which Pilgrims are complaining that they are not being allowed to go inside any Temple at all, in spite expensive tickets brought by them particularly specifying restrictions and Till what point Pilgrims can go.
May be they are allowed from door only.

Have to check with someone, who actually went there.

adsatinder

explorer
Uttarakhand Congress MLA slips and falls into flooded rivulet, video goes viral
In hilly areas, the mountain rivulets are flowing with additional water along with muck and debris like rocks and branches of trees, making it dangerous for locals to cross them.
india Updated: Jul 30, 2020 23:55 IST

Neeraj Santoshi

Neeraj Santoshi
Hindustan Times, Dehradun

Army personnel attending to the  Congress MLA who slippped and fell into a rivulet in Dharchula.

Army personnel attending to the Congress MLA who slippped and fell into a rivulet in Dharchula.(HT PHOTO.)

Uttarakhand Congress MLA Harish Dhami had a narrow escape on Thursday in Dharchula area of Pithoragarh district when he slipped into a flooded rivulet due to a sudden rise in its water level. The water was filled with debris, due to which the MLA from Dharchula received minor injuries. Those accompanying him managed to get him out of the flowing rivulet.
When contacted over phone, Dhami said he had gone to Lumti and Mori village affected by heavy rainfall. “While I was returning and crossing a rivulet, there was a sudden rise in the water level. The water was filled with heavy muck and flowing debris. I lost control and fell. I got carried away for some distance, but over a dozen people who were accompanying me, managed to save me and get me out of the rivulet,” he said.
Dhami said he was given first aid by army personnel deputed nearby. “I have injured my leg. Now I am moving to Dharchula town where I will get myself checked by doctors,” he said.
“The situation in these affected areas is very serious. Water and muck is flowing down the hillside in huge quantities. The villagers have taken shelter in a nearby area and want to be shifted. I have been demanding chopper service for the last three years to help people in this affected area,” he said.

Due to heavy rainfall in some areas and higher reaches of the state, the water level has risen and connectivity to many villages has been affected. In hilly areas, the mountain rivulets are flowing with more water along with muck and debris like rocks and branches of trees, making it dangerous for locals to cross them.
State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) media in-charge Praveen Alok said SDRF teams shifted 50 people from Pithoragarh’s Byula village, a landslide prone area to a safer area six km away.
The SDRF personnel also built a temporary bridge in Lumti village in Pithoragarh and helped around 40 villagers to cross the swollen rivulet, he said.

In Chamoli district’s Trikhola village, five cows were buried under the debris after a landslide. On getting information about the incident, a SDRF team left for the area
One vehicle also fell into a river in Dehradun district near Laldhang. There were two people in the vehicle. One swam back to the bank on his own while the other person got washed away. His body was fished out by a SDRF team. He has been identified as Ajay Kumta, 24 from Shimla, Alok said.

adsatinder

explorer
DHARCHULA

उफनते नाले को पार कर रहे कांग्रेस विधायक बहे |Harish Dhami | MLA | धारचुला
•Jul 30, 2020

Live Hindustan

1.44M subscribers

उत्तराखंड के धारचूला से कांग्रेस विधायक गुरुवार को एक हादसे का शिकार होते हुए बाल-बाल बच गए। पिथौरागढ़ के मोरी गांव में आपदा पीड़ितों की समस्याएं सुनकर लौट रहे विधायक उफनते नाले को रस्सी के सहारे पार कर रहे थे। इसी दौरान उनका संतुलन बिगड़ गया और वह तेज बहाव में बहने लगे। मलबे का बहाव इतना तेज था कि वे करीब 10 मीटर तक बह गए। साथियों ने किसी तरह उनको बचाया। बोल्डरों की चपेट में आने से विधायक के हाथ, पैर और माथे पर चोटें भी आई हैं।

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
Badrinath National Highway Blocked Due To Landslide | Top 100 News | ABP News
•Jul 30, 2020

ABP NEWS

25.6M subscribers

Badrinath National Highway in Uttarakhand was blocked due to the landslide in the region on Wednesday. Watch the visuals here in this video. Major rivers in Uttarakhand are on spate and the danger for locals and pilgrims has increased.

adsatinder

explorer
बाढ़ में ऐसी गलती न करें, देखिए और सावधान रहिए | ABP News Hindi
•Jul 30, 2020

ABP NEWS HINDI

18.3M subscribers

बाढ़ में ऐसी गलती न करें, देखिए और सावधान रहिए