Road conditions - Uttarakhand

shankarmayaa

Aham Brahmasmi
[/QUOTE]
From Wednesday, snowfall may start in and around Munsiyari :

Plan accordingly.

Reach before Wednesday and stay till roads open.
If you have no time to wait to clear snow from roads, then avoid this place.
Thank you Satinder JI, I intend to reach there by 8th or 9th Feb. Will keep myself updated. Thanks a ton.

sheeraz

Dear Members,
Planning to go to Auli (5-9 March) via Rishikesh from Moradabad (en route through Najibabad). I would be driving a Hyundai Xcent, hope it should not be a problem. Please suggest?
How is the route and road status? Any place where I can seek an update about the possible closure of the road in between?
What could be the weather like there? Any chances of snowfall during that period?
Where should I stay in Auli to have a good view? (Budget is not a major concern here though.)
Lastly, is it a good idea to drive during the night on this route?

Any respected member, who may have done this stretch recently (Jan -Feb 2022) can reply. Thank you in advance for your help.

Dear Members,
Planning to go to Auli (5-9 March) via Rishikesh from Moradabad (en route through Najibabad). I would be driving a Hyundai Xcent, hope it should not be a problem. Please suggest?
How is the route and road status? Any place where I can seek an update about the possible closure of the road in between?
What could be the weather like there? Any chances of snowfall during that period?
Where should I stay in Auli to have a good view? (Budget is not a major concern here though.)
Lastly, is it a good idea to drive during the night on this route?

Any respected member, who may have done this stretch recently (Jan -Feb 2022) can reply. Thank you in advance for your help.
Driving a Hyundai Xcent is OK.

The route is all good and road status is open for all.

Only Police knows current update when you are on road.

Chill weather will be there.

It all depends on western disturbance to see snowfall during that period.
Can't predict now.
I can tell before 3-4 days only.

KMVN Property is there.

Drive during the night on this route is not allowed. Will not recommend to do it anywhere in hills.

A team of friends came back this week from Auli. They stayed at Joshimath only.

sheeraz

Driving a Hyundai Xcent is OK.

The route is all good and road status is open for all.

Only Police knows current update when you are on road.

Chill weather will be there.

It all depends on western disturbance to see snowfall during that period.
Can't predict now.
I can tell before 3-4 days only.

KMVN Property is there.

Drive during the night on this route is not allowed. Will not recommend to do it anywhere in hills.

A team of friends came back this week from Auli. They stayed at Joshimath only.
Thank you Satinder Bhai. Will consider your suggestion and finalize the program in a couple of days. Meanwhile, any forecast of weather between 5-7 March would be greatly helpful.
One more thing is about the accommodation, as you suggested about KMVN property so I called Nanda Devi Eco Tourist Resort where I was being told to park the car at Joshimath and arrive by ropeway (get down at tower number 8) which I need to book in advance. So if I have to park, whether parking is available at the Ropeway? And what would you suggest -to drive till Auli or go via Ropeway? Please advise?

Thank you Satinder Bhai. Will consider your suggestion and finalize the program in a couple of days. Meanwhile, any forecast of weather between 5-7 March would be greatly helpful.
On Sunday Night you may experience snowfall. It may continue till Monday Morning...

1646145039532.png

A1.
Joshimath bus stand has parking nearby.

Car and ropeway both have own pros and cons.

Ropeway parking had less space earlier but can't say about current updates if any.
I would prefer drive from joshimath to auli......

A2.
Kmvn se 0.5 kms Pehle Road side pe Park kar dena.... Bohot space hai. Kmvn se take the chairlift instead of cable car. It's much more exciting. Then need to walk for another half km to point no 2 of cable car. Waha se Gorson top is another 1 km or so.

Chairlift is half the price of cable car. 400rs If I remember correctly. Went there last year in Jan.

Last edited:
Uttarakhand Landslide: Rudraprayag से सामने आया भूस्खलन का खौफनाक वीडियो, देखिए | वनइंडिया हिंदी
Feb 28, 2022

Oneindia Hindi | वनइंडिया हिंदी

9.03M subscribers

A horrifying video has surfaced from Jhalimath Tok of Sari village in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. There was panic among the villagers when a landslide started in a part of the village early on Monday morning and on seeing a part of the village fell into the river and turned into a pile of rubble. you also watch video
गांव वालों में उस समय अफरा तफरी मच गई जब सोमवार सुबह-सुबह गांव के एक हिस्से में भूस्खलन होने लगा और देखते ही देखते गांव का एक हिस्सा नदी में गिरकर मलबे के ढेर में तब्दील हो गया. आप भी देखिए Video

Last edited:
Landslide in Sari village of Rudraprayag | Landslide Took Place in Uttarakhand | Manuj Goyal
Mar 1, 2022

ETV Bharat

114K subscribers

A landslide took place in Uttarakhand's Sari village in Rudraprayag today morning. Disaster management and administration teams have reached the spot. Speaking to the media, the District Magistrate of Rudraprayag Manuj Goyal said that so far there is no report of any casualty and property damage.

Last edited: