Road status of Pune to Hyderabad

jackaushik

Hello friends
I planning to travel to Hyderabad from Pune by my car Wagon R. I would like to know road conditions from Pune to Hyderabad. Is it safe road to travel in night along with family?
Thanks

deepam

Super User
Hi Kaushik,
Pune to Solapur Road is in good condition.
Solapur to KA Border, road condition has improved drastically and is better. Naldurg is still bad and may take longer time for work to be completed. I recommend crossing Solapur to KA border during the day if you are driving Wagon R. I can recommend at night, with vehicles like like XUV or Creta or Duster or Innova.
KA Border to Hyderabad [except 2 diversions], road is again good.

I do not see any safety risk on Pune to Hyderabad stretch, if at all you are taking breaks at night; make sure you stop closer to Toll Plazas.

jackaushik

Thank you Deepam! I agree with you constraint with Wagon R car. At night it will be difficult to drive on bad road conditions.

My plan is:
1. Leave Pune by 3.30pm after office
2. Night stay at Solapur
3. Leave Solapur by 6am next day morning
4. Reach Kukatpally, Hyderabad by 12pm

Thanks again !!!

Hi Kaushik,
Pune to Solapur Road is in good condition.
Solapur to KA Border, road condition has improved drastically and is better. Naldurg is still bad and may take longer time for work to be completed. I recommend crossing Solapur to KA border during the day if you are driving Wagon R. I can recommend at night, with vehicles like like XUV or Creta or Duster or Innova.
KA Border to Hyderabad [except 2 diversions], road is again good.

I do not see any safety risk on Pune to Hyderabad stretch, if at all you are taking breaks at night; make sure you stop closer to Toll Plazas.

deepam

Super User
Thank you Deepam! I agree with you constraint with Wagon R car. At night it will be difficult to drive on bad road conditions.

My plan is:
1. Leave Pune by 3.30pm after office
2. Night stay at Solapur
3. Leave Solapur by 6am next day morning
4. Reach Kukatpally, Hyderabad by 12pm

Thanks again !!!
---------------
Nice plan.
Remember mornings can be foggy these coming days. So I recommend instead of 6 to start at 8 AM by the time you reach Naldurg it will be 9 AM and by 1 PM you can reach Kukatpally.