Road status to Chandigarh to Kalpa - Sangla - Chitkul (Mid June 2016)

rkbharat

Guru
Road conditions are at its bets as of now, I have been travelling to Spiti almost every year for last six years, and this time it was awesome, no slush or water crossing, till monsoon arrives

ankitgoel10

My brother Sachin Goel drove the same SX4 again through the entire route this year with our parents.
He reported that the Urni detour was bad and the Karchham-Akpa route was also very bad.
He also covered Mud this time where the road was so-so as compared to Tabo-Kaza highway.
But he specifically mentioned that the Losar-Gramphoo road was worse than last year and so the Chandratal drive was really excruciating.

Fizzfrags

Hey Guys even i'm planning to visit Sangla/ Chitkul on Royal Enfield .. as monsoon is on peak in northern part .. should i go or postponed the plan . i'm planning to go on 12 Aug from Delhi ..

rameshtahlan

Super User
Hey Guys even i'm planning to visit Sangla/ Chitkul on Royal Enfield .. as monsoon is on peak in northern part .. should i go or postponed the plan . i'm planning to go on 12 Aug from Delhi ..
Just go for it.
Monsoons come every year
This year the monsoon rain is normal.
If at any point it starts to rain real bad just stay an extra night till rain stops.