Road status to Shirdi from Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by Satyanarayana, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Satyanarayana

Satyanarayana New Member

I have travelled to Shirdi from Hyderabad (my native place) in my car on 10th September and came back on 11th September 2017. While going to Shirdi I took the route via Nizamabad, Nanded, Jalna, Parbani, and Aurangabad. The route was horrible and terrifying. Only HYD to NZB ( 180KM) was a national highway which is 4 lane. From there to Shirdi was horrible. We took more than 15 hours to reach Shirdi. Total distance in this route was 680KM. This route will not get repaired in another 15-20 years. while coming back we drove down via Ahmednagar, Solapur and Zaheerabad. This was little better route. The distance was 610 KM. We took 13 Hours. I will suggest to take this route always to go to Shirdi by road. Hope this information is useful to all.

AdamantJay likes this.
  2. deepam

deepam Super User

3. SATYANARAYAN PRADHAN

SATYANARAYAN PRADHAN New Member

Yes Correct . I had traveled to Shirdi 4 times during 2014 to 2017 and every time I had used HYDERABAD-NIZAMABAD-NANDED-JINTUR-JALNA-AURANGABAD atleast one side....However this route deteriorated horribly in 2017.....and after NIZAMABAD it is very painful to drive...Last time I drove was Oct-2017 .....Immediately after crossing NIZAMABAD , the road condition deteriorated horribly. The bset route I will suggest is HYDERABAD-SOLAPUR-TEMBHURNI-AHMEDNAGAR-SHIRDI. Now from HYDERABAD to SOLAPURalmost 200km is 4 lane express highway. You can cruise at 120km/he speed easily....Only last 100 km to solpur is bad but still you can maintain a average speed of 50-60km/hr. From SOLAPUR to TEMBHURNI it is MUMBAI HIGHWAY ...So Excellent road condition. From Tembhurni to Ahemednager the road is not very great but it is manageable. You can maintain a speed of 60-70km/hr. As I am driving in this route from last 2 year ...I can see the stretch from Tembhurni to Ahemednagar is improving year by year ...The 4 lane work going on in this route . Please be-careful as there will be lots of diversions with huge no.of trucks loaded with sugar canes. You will find lot of sugarcane field in this stretch.Occassionally you will find the tractors and carts as well. As a summary this stretch is very busy and you need to have little bit patience . In Ahemdnagar you can stop to see the TANK MUSEUM ....It is very famous .....From Ahemednagr to Shirdi the rod is good with occassional pot holes in the road...

Have a safe trip....

4. deepam

deepam Super User

++++++++++++++++++++
    Earlier in late 90s'; Maharastra had good roads and Karnataka had the tag of Bad roads. In over a decade plus the Maharastra roads have gone to bad state.
    I still remember my journey by bus from Ahmednagar to Nagpur - excellent road.
    The famous bus of Pune - Nagpur was Prasanna GOLD LINE [2X1 - Semi- sleeper AC bus built by ACGL] was a ripper on the roads. This bus used to leave Pune around 3 PM and Ahmednagar around 6:30 PM and reach Nagpur by 7:30 AM.