Road Trip across Vibrant Gujarat - Temples, Wildlife, Beaches & the Rann

Sachin Jatkar

Summary

Total distance travelled from home to home - 3288 Kms

Total Toll paid from home to home - INR 1370

Total cost of Diesel on the trip - INR 11450 (Price between 55.50 to 57.50 / litre)

Route taken - Mumbai - Vadodara - Black Buck National Park - Bhavnagar - Sasan Gir - Somnath - Dwarka - Marine National Park / Narara - Jamnagar - Bhuj - Mata No Madh - Lakhpat - Narayan Sarovar - Koteshwar - Mandvi - Bhuj - Hodka - Dhordo - White Desert - Hodka - Chhari Dhand - Kalo Dungar - India Bridge - Hodka - Zainabad - Little Rann of Kutch - Zainabad - Ahmedabad - Gandhinagar - Akshardham - Ahmedabad - Mumbai.

Full Route Map
Full Route Map.PNG

More than a month after I started this travelogue while on the road and from the hotel in Dwarka, I have come to the end. This was the longest road trip we have ever taken, and undoubtedly the best so far. Vibrant means "Pulsing or throbbing with life or full of life and energy". While Gujarat is definitely vibrant and offers really diverse options for tourism, it left us Vibrant and raring at the start of the new year. There are still so many places that we could not cover, but those are for another day and so are many we would definitely like to visit again.

End Credits

My Wife for keeping notes while we were on the road, which I referred later while writing the details. It would not have been possible for this log to have been as detailed without these notes.

My Son for enduring this long road trip without once complaining.

Finally thank you everyone for following, helping out with your suggestions and kind comments. It's the encouragement and appreciation that makes one share more. Please feel free to ask any specific questions and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge from the experience. Or send me a PM with your query.

The END.

Last edited:

John Mathai

john-the wanderer
I'm sorry that this log ended and happy that I'm now somewhat expert on places of Gujarat :)
If I'm to undertake a journey to Gujarat, you're going to face a lot of trouble, Sachin :grin:

SHEKHAR 257

Be a Good person but Don't try to Prove.
Awesome Log Sachin. I am living in Vadodara for last 3 years yet have not explored Gujarat except Somanth & Dwarka.
Your log is so detailed and it will be my place to look for route planning and things to see.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.:)

Sachin Jatkar

A truly Great log Sachin. Thanks for sharing.
Hats of to the little one for awesome endurance qualities shown!!
Thanks Shantanu :). He got a bit homesick towards the end but it was ok.

Superb travelogue Sachin.
Thanks for Sharing.
Thanks for following tuzusun :)

Super Detailed Log.

Thanks for sharing Sachin bhai :)
Thanks Amit :).

A Vibrant travelogue Sachin.
Thanks Shekar for your continued support :).

I'm sorry that this log ended and happy that I'm now somewhat expert on places of Gujarat :)
If I'm to undertake a journey to Gujarat, you're going to face a lot of trouble, Sachin :grin:
Thank you John sir and anytime :).

Awesome Log Sachin. I am living in Vadodara for last 3 years yet have not explored Gujarat except Somanth & Dwarka.
Your log is so detailed and it will be my place to look for route planning and things to see.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.:)
You believe in undertaking longer roadtrips Shekhar :). I am happy if this t'log gives you options to cover in your own backyard :).