Road trip Delhi to Bandhavgarh via Gwalior & Jhansi - Advise needed

suyash_tripathi

Re: Road trip Delhi to Bandhavgarh via Gwalior & Jhansi - Advise needed

I think I am decided now that I will go via Kanpur - stay one night and then move to allahabad, rewa and then bandhavgarh. Would any of you could recommend a hotel (budget) which will be close to NH2.
Where do you need a hotel on NH-2, at Kanpur or at Allahabad?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Raj,

When are you planning to do this trip?

I am asking this because I will be going to Jhansi by train on 13th April and coming back by bike on 14th April and my route will be Jhansi - Datia - Dabra - Gwalior Bye pass - Morena - Dholpur - Agra - Mathura - Delhi. So I can update you about the current road conditions on 15th by the latest if you are leaving after that.
I would again repeat not to take Jhansi-Gwalior stretch. The alternate but longer route would be to take Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior route.

BULL_Bola

Re: Road trip Delhi to Bandhavgarh via Gwalior & Jhansi - Advise needed

Do not take Jhansi- gwalior road at eny cost, I was on this road on 1st april, and saying road conditions are bad is not sufficient.
Take jhansi - shivpuri- gwalior, though it is 100km extra but the time u will take is almost same or may be lesser.

suyash_tripathi

Gwalior-Jhansi patch is now better as compared to before. There are a lot of diversions but easily daoble. Best it to do this stretch in daylight.

Justtraveller

Hi

While going from Sagar to Bandhavgarh, Google Map is showing road as follows
Sagar-Damoh-Katni-Chandia-Khitouli and then further joins to Umaria-Tala road. This route goes through the buffer zone of the Bandhavgarh National Park.

1. Is it allowed to travel on this route?Any special permit/permission required?
2. How is the road condition? Can I cover road from Chandia - Khitouli-Tala road(as per google maps) in hatchback?
3. Or is it advisable to travel all the way to Umaria instead of taking the turn at Chandoli and then go to Tala.

Route picture is attached herewith for more reference. If anybody have idea about this then please guide.

Thanking You
Bcmtouring .jpg

suyash_tripathi

Hi

While going from Sagar to Bandhavgarh, Google Map is showing road as follows
Sagar-Damoh-Katni-Chandia-Khitouli and then further joins to Umaria-Tala road. This route goes through the buffer zone of the Bandhavgarh National Park.

1. Is it allowed to travel on this route?Any special permit/permission required?
2. How is the road condition? Can I cover road from Chandia - Khitouli-Tala road(as per google maps) in hatchback?
3. Or is it advisable to travel all the way to Umaria instead of taking the turn at Chandoli and then go to Tala.

Route picture is attached herewith for more reference. If anybody have idea about this then please guide.

Thanking YouView attachment 791628
Sagar-Damoh-Katni-Umaria-Tala is the recommended route. Do not take Chandia-Khitauli road.

Justtraveller

Hi
Road status update from Agra to Bandhavgarh

1. Agra to Gwalior is good road,but with traffic. Murena and Dholpur are still chaos at a times.

2. Gwalior bypass to Jhansi is superb road.

3. Jhansi byapss to Sagar is again in excellent condition.

4. Sagar to Damoh to Katni to Umariya is state highway in good condition. Railway crossing at Katni is a bit of problem. I lost nearly 30 mins in coming out of traffic jam.

For entire route beware of cows sitting on the median and on road. You have to depend on road side dhabas for food.

Regards

vipuldel

Hi
Road status update from Agra to Bandhavgarh

1. Agra to Gwalior is good road,but with traffic. Murena and Dholpur are still chaos at a times.

2. Gwalior bypass to Jhansi is superb road.

3. Jhansi byapss to Sagar is again in excellent condition.

4. Sagar to Damoh to Katni to Umariya is state highway in good condition. Railway crossing at Katni is a bit of problem. I lost nearly 30 mins in coming out of traffic jam.

For entire route beware of cows sitting on the median and on road. You have to depend on road side dhabas for food.

Regards
How much time it takes to travel from Bandhavgarh to Agra with this route

nataliawkr

Kanpur-Jhansi road is complete 4 laned except for a few flyovers. None the less, the point is whatever road you take, time taken will nearly be the same, now the choice is upon you. I repeat, whatever road you take, Bandhavgarh to Delhi in one day is going to be very difficult unless you have more than one driver and are willing to drive for more than 18 hours in a day.
ไฮโล