Road trip from Hyderabad to Goa.

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by Siddhu_robin, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Siddhu_robin

Siddhu_robin New Member

I am planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa by car.
    Looking for suggestions on ...
    1. Route and road conditions how much is the approx. time to be taken
    2. Stopovers or any other things to take care of.
    3. Kindly mention when did you traveled on this route

2. deepam

deepam Super User

Siddhu,
    3 routes people usually take from Hyderabad to Goa [Travels taking this route]:
    1. Hyderabad - Solapur or 'Gulbarga-Bijapur' - Kolhapur - Goa [usually Paulo Travels used to take this route].
    2. Hyderabad - 'Gulbarga-Bijapur' - Belgaum - Goa [SVR Travels used to take this route]. Recommended here to via Chorla Ghat.
    3. Hyderabad - Raichur - Belgaum - Goa. [VRL, erstwhile Kesineni, Kaveri travels take this route]. Recommended by Chorla Ghat
    4. If you have enter South Goa, then Hyderabad - Raichur - Hubli - Ankola - Goa, [SRS travels is using this route]

The road is not 4 lane, partly good partly fine!
    Doing in 1 shot takes about 14-16 hours.

If you take the Route # 2, recommended halt is Bijapur. You can spend some time in Bijapur for a day too.
    If you take Route # 3 or 4 recommended halt is Belgaum or Hubli will take you about 11-12 hours of journey during day.

If you are planning to drive between Dec 21 and Jan 15, I would say a big NO. you will not enjoy and for sure you would get stuck in traffic and will be pain in your ass to drive around Goa.

3. Siddhu_robin

Siddhu_robin New Member

Thanks Deepam for the update.
    I am planning a drive on 23rd Dec, what would be your recommendation ( other then dont drive :) )

4. deepam

deepam Super User

========
    I would say Enjoy your drive, if you have decided to drive down during that time.
    My opinion is there are other places to visit than rushing to Goa during peak time.