Romancing the Rains-Part II ~ An Overdose of Greenery

ashish0712

TravelForNirvana
Romancing the Rains-Part II Road Trip 'Mumbai-Khodala-Trimbhkeshwar' ~ An Overdose of Greenery

Car – 'The Bat' Yes That's the new Name
Time - 12 Hours
Distance-375 Km
Route-Thane-Vhigaon-Khodala–Tribkeshwar-Vaitarna-Khodala-Mumbai (via NH-3 and Blissful Country Road)

Well July was a very busy month as another quarterly season means loads of Conference Calls, Analyst Meets, Meetings and playing with Spreadsheets which was starting to take its toll on me. After the blissful drive to Bhandardara when Monsoon were yet to paint the Western Ghats completely green was itching to take a trip in July. Plans were made for a Trip to Vhigaon for 2-3 weeks in a row but was ditched every weekend for some excuse or the other. Last weekend of July was here and I had made my mind to visit the famous Shiva Temple Trimbakeshwar (one of the Twelve Jyotirlingas). Had been daily paying my homages to Lord Shiva for the last two months to seek some Divine Blessings and this visit to Trimbkeshwar Temple was indeed special.

Trimbakeshwar is an ancient Hindu temple in the town of Trimbak, in the Nashik District of Maharashtra. It is approximately 180 km away from Mumbai. The temple of Trimbakeshwar is dedicated to Lord Shiva and one of the twelve Jyotirlingas in India. The amazing feature of the Jyotirlinga located at Trimbakeshwar is having three faces symbolizing Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Rudra (Shiva).

So this was a solo road trip taking the road less travelled via Vhigaon, Khodala to enjoy the scenic country roads. Blissful, Refreshing & Rejuvenating !!!

Had done my first monsoon drive in August last year to the Mysterious & Beautiful Jawhar http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/travelogues-west-india-f62/romancing-rains-road-trip-mumbai-jawahar-dabhosa-t37065/

Scenic Country Roads + Greenery everywhere with Monsoon painting its Colours...Ahhhh the Moment when you say to yourself ‘Thank God I took the Plunge for this Drive’. Must repeat being on the road is one of the best experiences that one ought to experience.

Before starting this Photo Essay a Cautionary Warning -Overdose of Greenery will be Addictive but Rejuvenating ;)

Let's Hit the Road with 'The Bat' :)
1.jpg

2.jpg

None my Destinations
3.jpg

Paddy Fields
4.jpg

Old British Bridge...Soon to Be Submerged
5.jpg

'The Bat' Posing on Old Bridge
7.jpg

New Vaitarna Bridge
6.jpg

Beautiful Landscape Somewhere Near Khodala :rolleyes:
8.jpg

Beautiful Country Roads
9.jpg

Deobhand Temple near Khodala
10.jpg

Locals Working in Fields
24.jpg

The Cursed Tree
11.jpg

Shaun -The Sheep with his Friend :p
12.jpg

Another Cute One 'Shaun'- The Sheep
14.jpg

'The Bat' amidst Beautiful Background
15.jpg

Local Transport
16.jpg

Local Kids in School Dress on a Sunday :)
17.jpg

Admiring the Beautiful Landscape
18.jpg

Trimbhkeshwar Temple
19.jpg

19-1.jpg

Tempting Roads to Drive
20.jpg

'The Bat' Posing amidst Beautiful Background :rolleyes:
21.jpg

22.jpg

Hero under Colourful Umbrella Posing with 'The Bat' ;)
23.jpg

Picture Perfect Setting
25.jpg

Amazing View on the 'Ghoti-Vaitarna' Road
26.jpg

27.jpg

Vaitarna Reservoir
28.jpg

Another Shot of Vaitarna Reservoir
29.jpg

Last edited:

Indianature

Time Passer
Romancing the Rains-Part II Road Trip 'Mumbai-Khodala-Trimbhkeshwar' ~ An Overdose of Greenery

Car – 'The Bat' Yes That's the new Name

Lovely photos Ashish:)

Indeed they are both refreshing and rejuvenating:p I already feel 20 years younger just looking at them:mrgreen::mrgreen:;), do post more.
Shaun the country sheep and his brother are rather cute:D

Why "The Bat" name, if one may ask?

I am shocked that there is hardly any progress on the Middle Vaitarna dam, I was comparing your current image with my below pic from one year ago.

Or is that just a new elevated road bridge and the actual dam is elsewhere? Even so, there is barely any progress in that construction. Where has all the tax payers money gone?:shock::eek:

nilbags

Superb greenery Ashish ... Lovely pics - a treat to the eye, "The Bat" is smart as well :) ... did u intentionally skip Vihigaon falls on the way to the old bridge or missed it ?

Lovely photos Ashish:)

Indeed they are both refreshing and rejuvenating:p I already feel 20 years younger just looking at them:mrgreen::mrgreen:;), do post more.
Shaun the country sheep and his brother are rather cute:D

Why "The Bat" name, if one may ask?

I am shocked that there is hardly any progress on the Middle Vaitarna dam, I was comparing your current image with my below pic from one year ago.

Or is that just a new elevated road bridge and the actual dam is elsewhere? Even so, there is barely any progress in that construction. Where has all the tax payers money gone?:shock::eek:
You guessed right - it is a new elevated road bridge to traverse the submerged valley in the future (no idea if anyone of us will live to see that day ?)
The dam, which is elsewhere downstream, as I understand, has been completed or . nearing completion . Some part of it is visible on google maps ...