Route itinerary for Delhi-Bir-Triund-Delhi

I am planning to visit Bir for paragliding this weekend with my wife (28-29 April) from Delhi on my car. I would also like to add Triund trek to this trip. Please suggest best route to reach McLeodganj and Bir from Delhi. Should I take Rupnagar-Kiratpur Sahib-Una-Amb-Dharamshala-McLeodGanj route? Here's the itinerary I have prepared so far, please suggest:
1. Leave from Delhi on 27th April late evening and reach Mohali and stay at brother's place.
2. 28th April- Leave early morning for McLeodGanj, reach by evening.
3. Trek to Triund on 29th April in the morning, back by afternoon and leave for Bir in the evening. Stay at hotel Garden View, Bir on this night.
4. Paragliding in the morning and leave for Delhi in the afternoon. Reach Delhi by 30th April night.

I also haven't decided any budget hotel at McLeodganj so any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

gkapoor

Super User
Cannot help you with road suggestion, but trek to triund in morning and return by afternoon would be difficult unless you leave very early morning and spend too little time at the top.
The plan overall looks pretty rushed. Add one more day if possible.

Cannot help you with road suggestion, but trek to triund in morning and return by afternoon would be difficult unless you leave very early morning and spend too little time at the top.
The plan overall looks pretty rushed. Add one more day if possible.
We have planned to leave for Triund very early morning as we'll reach McLeodGanj late afternoon day before. We'll have enough time to have proper sleep before leaving early morning for the trek. In any case we get late, we can cancel Triund and visit Bhagsu falls which needs lesser time :)