Royal Enfield Bullet 350 UCE aka Standard UCE review

Akash Mittal

Hi.. So been around 2.5 months of togetherness.. And still I fall in love with her every morning :heart:.. Runs great.. Handles beautifully.. Looks even more beautiful :heart:..
But since I don't have much experience with a uce I have a few questions/problems for the experienced folks here.

# I have heard uce gives great mileage around 40+.. But mine shows a very irregular pattern.. It used to give around 34, 35 then droped down to 30 after that it shooted up to 43 and again the very next time went as low as 30. She has done 1500+ km.
Also I have heard uce have a tendency to stall around 10km before the reserve hits. Is it true?

# She pulls towards right side drastically if I even remove my hands from the bar for a second.

# 1st and 2nd Gear shifts hard.. Specially 1st.. Sometimes it takes two to three tries to get it in 1st in traffic.

# The engine noise dampens out the thump.

Desperately waiting here for some inputs

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi.. So been around 2.5 months of togetherness.. And still I fall in love with her every morning :heart:.. Runs great.. Handles beautifully.. Looks even more beautiful :heart:..
But since I don't have much experience with a uce I have a few questions/problems for the experienced folks here.

# I have heard uce gives great mileage around 40+.. But mine shows a very irregular pattern.. It used to give around 34, 35 then droped down to 30 after that it shooted up to 43 and again the very next time went as low as 30. She has done 1500+ km.
Also I have heard uce have a tendency to stall around 10km before the reserve hits. Is it true?

# She pulls towards right side drastically if I even remove my hands from the bar for a second.

# 1st and 2nd Gear shifts hard.. Specially 1st.. Sometimes it takes two to three tries to get it in 1st in traffic.

# The engine noise dampens out the thump.

Desperately waiting here for some inputs
Milage of 35 to 40 is fine below that get it retuned.
Going to right side could be related to lose fornt rim spokes or too tight chimta/coneset or a bad wheel bearing.
For hard gear shifts get the clutch cable adjusted or else change the engine oil.
Engine noise damping the thump , first tell me which thump u talking about uce has only clatter of mechanical parts and tappets no thump my dear, but u can have loud exhaust beat by changingbthe muffler. U have to live with the clatter .
Only CI had the thump. For better sound try SBGW.
Hope the above is of any help.
Congrats for the new ride.

Akash Mittal

Milage of 35 to 40 is fine below that get it retuned.
Going to right side could be related to lose fornt rim spokes or too tight chimta/coneset or a bad wheel bearing.
For hard gear shifts get the clutch cable adjusted or else change the engine oil.
Engine noise damping the thump , first tell me which thump u talking about uce has only clatter of mechanical parts and tappets no thump my dear, but u can have loud exhaust beat by changingbthe muffler. U have to live with the clatter .
Only CI had the thump. For better sound try SBGW.
Hope the above is of any help.
Congrats for the new ride.
First of all thanks for taking out the time to really appreciate it..

Now I very much understand that milage of 35-40 is fine.. Its the fluctuations that worry me, since only I ride her and I m not a rash driver.

All the things u said about her pulling right, I will check today.

I have already tried fiddling with the clutch cable, and as for the oil change, this problem surfaced only after the first service so that rules out an oil change.

Coming from a ci to a uce knew I would not get that thump, but never knew it was gonna be this bad. What's SBGW? And yes I plan to change the bend pipe to a hollow C shaped one like the ci and the muffler to a short bottle with glasswool after the second service.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
First of all thanks for taking out the time to really appreciate it..

Now I very much understand that milage of 35-40 is fine.. Its the fluctuations that worry me, since only I ride her and I m not a rash driver.

All the things u said about her pulling right, I will check today.

I have already tried fiddling with the clutch cable, and as for the oil change, this problem surfaced only after the first service so that rules out an oil change.

Coming from a ci to a uce knew I would not get that thump, but never knew it was gonna be this bad. What's SBGW? And yes I plan to change the bend pipe to a hollow C shaped one like the ci and the muffler to a short bottle with glasswool after the second service.
Dont go for hollow bend pipe SBGW would do the job (short bottle glass wool )muffler. As the bend pipe comtains the catalic converter.
And for hard gear shift i think it will go away after few more miles.

Akash Mittal

Dont go for hollow bend pipe SBGW would do the job (short bottle glass wool )muffler. As the bend pipe comtains the catalic converter.
And for hard gear shift i think it will go away after few more miles.
Any reason for advising against the hollow bend pipe. Would definitely like to know if it has some bad repercussions.
The reason I wanna opt for the hollow bend pipe is one video I found on YouTube, and other cause I think the c shaped one looks beautiful.
Here's the video..

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Any reason for advising against the hollow bend pipe. Would definitely like to know if it has some bad repercussions.
The reason I wanna opt for the hollow bend pipe is one video I found on YouTube, and other cause I think the c shaped one looks beautiful.
Here's the video..
Hollow bend pipe is not leagal , 2 it will make bike more loud and you would hate it on highways , 3 hollow thing bend pipe and muffler both not good for engine as you need to have some amount of back pressure for a better Life.
Most importantly nothing is better than the stock pipe. Rest all is loud sound.(i also have custom pipe on my avenger but it is not too loud.)

Akash Mittal

Hollow bend pipe is not leagal , 2 it will make bike more loud and you would hate it on highways , 3 hollow thing bend pipe and muffler both not good for engine as you need to have some amount of back pressure for a better Life.
Most importantly nothing is better than the stock pipe. Rest all is loud sound.(i also have custom pipe on my avenger but it is not too loud.)
understand your point and I don't want it to be too loud, I need her to make music not noise..
But I have one more question.. Most people i talk to use the word backpressure without knowing jack about it.. Can u explain how it affects the engine technically..
Cause I feel the less the back pressure the easier the exhaust valves can open.. But again I m saying this with absolutely no knowledge

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
understand your point and I don't want it to be too loud, I need her to make music not noise..
But I have one more question.. Most people i talk to use the word backpressure without knowing jack about it.. Can u explain how it affects the engine technically..
Cause I feel the less the back pressure the easier the exhaust valves can open.. But again I m saying this with absolutely no knowledge
Lack of backpressure can lead to burnt valves and also loss of commpression was told by this by a very senior mech. Also hollow pipe sound like somebody beating a tin very loudly. I am not very technical and only used sbgw on my avl nothing on the ci. And on the avl the sbgw worked very fine without changing the bend pipe.