Royal Enfield Bullet 350 UCE aka Standard UCE review

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hey friends. I have one doubt. Bullet 350 comes with heavier crank.? I read in the same forum that Crank weight of Bullet 350 is 11.2kgs compared to that of Classic (9kg) . Even in Royal Enfield site it was mentioned that Bullet 350 comes with heavier crank. But now that line is not there in Bullet 350 page of RE Website. Even some mechanics told that its just a myth. Bullet 350 and classic 350 having same crank. Just different sprockets are used... Which one is true.?
Not every piece comes with heavy crank. And heavy crank label is stamped on the engine of the bike with the same.
When I bought electra 4s in 2004 it has the heavy crank and i was told by the service mechanic that i am lucky to get heavy crank.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

anandbj76

Bullet 350 UCE comes with Heavy crank. It has been like that since it was launched in 2010. The Crank is same as the crank of Classic 500 (and not classic 350).

While that was not 'the' criteria for me to finalize the model, it was good to know that. Indeed the feel of Bullet 350 is different compared to Classic 350.
One can chug along at 40- 45 kmph in 5th gear without straining the engine. This is courtesy of the heavy crank.

My Bullet has done over 30K kms now (had purchased in Nov-2010). Only additional expense other than regular service has been:
1. Battery : Had to be replaced in Oct-2016. Factory battery lasted for good 6 years! Cost ~1K
2. It started giving starting troubles in rains. I got the complete wiring and the Coil replaced (costed ~6.5K).
Other than these 2 issues , it has been trouble free and going strong.

While the tires still have some threads left, I think I will be changing the tyres now.

Any suggestion on tyres? I am thinking of going for a wider rear tyre (3.5" or may be even 4").

anandbj76

Thanks Mandar and Gaurav.

Here are the sizes that I am going for:
Front: 3.25*19 - Pattern just like the stock tyre
Rear: 3.5*19 - MRF Nylogrip Plus of Ceat Milaze

Are MRF and Ceat -both at par in terms of riding comfort?

I am looking at mostly city + highway use and minimal (to no) offroading. The grip in dry and wet conditions is important to me.
Life of tyre is not a primary concern.

The stock tyres have lasted for almost 8 years; in fact they are still not completely worn out yet. I am looking for a change considering that the rubber has become very hard / brittle now.

anandbj76

Is anyone using Michelin Sirac? One of the Tyre dealers here in Pune has 3.25*19 and 3.5*19 Michelin Sirac in stock.
Price quoted is 2500 for front tyre and 2750 for rear.

Just for comparison sake - I am able to get the MRF pair in 3400.

Thanks Mandar and Gaurav.

Here are the sizes that I am going for:
Front: 3.25*19 - Pattern just like the stock tyre
Rear: 3.5*19 - MRF Nylogrip Plus of Ceat Milaze

Are MRF and Ceat -both at par in terms of riding comfort?

I am looking at mostly city + highway use and minimal (to no) offroading. The grip in dry and wet conditions is important to me.
Life of tyre is not a primary concern.

The stock tyres have lasted for almost 8 years; in fact they are still not completely worn out yet. I am looking for a change considering that the rubber has become very hard / brittle now.

anandbj76

Just to keep the thread updated -
After using Short Bottle (aka Indore silencer) for over 6 years, I have switched back to the stock silencer.
Not sure whether this is just psychological, or it really is the case , but the bike seems to have gained some pickup.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
After using Short Bottle (aka Indore silencer) for over 6 years, I have switched back to the stock silencer.
Not sure whether this is just psychological, or it really is the case , but the bike seems to have gained some pickup.
Stock is the best exhaust.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

One of my friends just switched to the Indori silencer as well on his 2017 DS. He also complained that the pickup seems to have dropped a bit and he now feels more vibes post 100 km/h than when he was on stock.

Nivin Uthup

Bullet 350 UCE comes with Heavy crank. It has been like that since it was launched in 2010. The Crank is same as the crank of Classic 500 (and not classic 350).

While that was not 'the' criteria for me to finalize the model, it was good to know that. Indeed the feel of Bullet 350 is different compared to Classic 350.
One can chug along at 40- 45 kmph in 5th gear without straining the engine. This is courtesy of the heavy crank.

My Bullet has done over 30K kms now (had purchased in Nov-2010). Only additional expense other than regular service has been:
1. Battery : Had to be replaced in Oct-2016. Factory battery lasted for good 6 years! Cost ~1K
2. It started giving starting troubles in rains. I got the complete wiring and the Coil replaced (costed ~6.5K).
Other than these 2 issues , it has been trouble free and going strong.

While the tires still have some threads left, I think I will be changing the tyres now.

Any suggestion on tyres? I am thinking of going for a wider rear tyre (3.5" or may be even 4").
Have u changed to wider rear Tyre. Do we need any modifications for wider Tyre. Which Tyre are u using ?
Am planning for a rear Tyre change 20k km. Any suggestions ? Please