Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Yes @IJS -it was a 100ltr plastic barrel-not the regular 220ltr/50gallon steel drum.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

300v is infact overkill and is made for track kind of use. 7100 and 5100 are better for regular use as u mentioned.
And i personally think motul is a overhyped brand in India other brands are equally good but lacks marketing. Motul sells as it sounds and feels more exotic.
The Total 10w50 fs is used by bajaj and now re is using same , which is what Gaurav Bhai had fill in his bike. I personally had a very good time with this oil in my Dominar and now no Issues in my Int650.

Castrol has always been my goto oil for after market and i would any day pick Castrol power1 racing 10w50 over same grade motul.
Brands like Total , castrol , amisol, liqy moli all are no lesser than motul.

And on 300v , filling it on a regular Motorcycle is clearly an overkill but new breed of riders are more inclined towards the fad of such things.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk
@IJS my only concern with Castrol is the rampant duplicacy here in Punjab -one can never be sure of what one is buying.Hence have used the low selling Valvoline 4T SS in my Avenger220 and a lot of my RE owning friends also use the Valvoline-no/very less chance of duplicacy and the results have been wholly satisfactory for all.

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
@IJS my only concern with Castrol is the rampant duplicacy here in Punjab -one can never be sure of what one is buying.Hence have used the low selling Valvoline 4T SS in my Avenger220 and a lot of my RE owning friends also use the Valvoline-no/very less chance of duplicacy and the results have been wholly satisfactory for all.
Valvoline is another good brand which is not very famous as motul but i believe it is no less than that. Previously Re use to fill Valvoline at their service centers.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

Yesterday,while cleaning the bike in the morning noticed that the rear tyre of Safeena has a puncture from an embedded steel screw-opened the rear wheel myself,took the tyre to a puncture wala on my Activa,got the puncture done,fitted the rear wheel back with the help of my elder son -one thing is sure-each and every part of the Himalayan is HEAVY:)-in the process managed to slightly damage the threads of rear axle.........nothing major.But my toolkit got an exercise after ages-Almost 5 years after i last fixed a puncture of my Avenger220 at Chandertal base camp during my Spiti ride.

smoothwanderer

changed the engine oil & oil filter today to valvoline from my local worshop . haven't ridden my boy after the change. will do it tomorrow and post on any change. drained the oil completely and then poured 2litres of diesel in and then started the engine then drained it completely after running the engine for a few seconds.

Gaurav Chopra

changed the engine oil & oil filter today to valvoline from my local worshop . haven't ridden my boy after the change. will do it tomorrow and post on any change. drained the oil completely and then poured 2litres of diesel in and then started the engine then drained it completely after running the engine for a few seconds.
The good old Indian engine flush :)