Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

smoothwanderer

My rear mudguard had broken at 2 points 1) below the indicator stalks on both sides 2) the holder of the tail light at its bolts .bought one online and it arrived today, will have it fixed on monday as my mechanic was busy today. This is the second one i am replacing.
20200530_205750.jpg
20200530_205733.jpg

smoothwanderer

My battery went kaput 2days ago as I hadn't ridden for few days m,jumpstarted using my car battery. Today again I couldn't start the bike. Bought new battery for my boy @ INR 1700 + old battery.
20200604_195459.jpg
20200604_195432.jpg

smoothwanderer

Here are the snaps of my rear mudguard that had broken at 3 places. 1) at the base of the left indicator stalk 2)one of the screws that holds the rear number plate and no.plate light 3) the number plate holder. Happy to note that in the new mudguard there is a metal base plate at the base of the indicator stalk and the number plate assembly has a large central screw along with the 2 small screws that holds it to the mudguard. I and my son fitted the battery as well as the mudguard. Took 3 hours to finish the job.
IMG-20200605-WA0200.jpg
IMG-20200605-WA0201.jpg
IMG-20200605-WA0202.jpg

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Today morning changed the position of the air intake of the air filter from rear facing to front facing ,a rotation of 120 degrees.For this a small locating tab near the topmost screw of the air filter cover was ground off.For fitting the side panel back on, multiple M6 washers were glued together to create the necessary gap.Stock M6*12 Allen button head bolts were replaced with longer M6*20 bolts on the three sides(one bolt is cosmetic).Intent of the exercise is that air is drawn from the front high pressure side than the stock rear facing low pressure side and to avoid possible water splash from the rear tyre to be sucked in the stock rear facing position.
An unintended benefit is that intake whoosh is now clearly audible inside the helmet adding to the aural experience.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Today morning changed the position of the air intake of the air filter from rear facing to front facing ,a rotation of 120 degrees.For this a small locating tab near the topmost screw of the air filter cover was ground off.For fitting the side panel back on, multiple M6 washers were glued together to create the necessary gap.Stock M6*12 Allen button head bolts were replaced with longer M6*20 bolts on the three sides(one bolt is cosmetic).Intent of the exercise is that air is drawn from the front high pressure side than the stock rear facing low pressure side and to avoid possible water splash from the rear tyre to be sucked in the stock rear facing position.
An unintended benefit is that intake whoosh is now clearly audible inside the helmet adding to the aural experience.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Nice , this is the same setup i have in my 650. Intake cover opening is rear facing.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk