Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Replaced the multiple washers in the side panels with purpose made spacers-had the spacers nickel plated .Also ground away the locating tab as it had no functional purpose now.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Mandar_C500

Just wondering, Why RE has made it rear facing in the newer models (REH and twins) while it was front facing on the older (classic 500).
Even the aftermarket filters are removing the snorkel than changing the direction.

Any idea.

Mandar_C500

Mandar, looks like the engineering team at RE has changed

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Ha ha ha... Do you mean the older one were better and the new :) .
Which I am really not sure about. I guess it has something to do with the turbulence. If the snorkel is front facing you are pushing the air in. If its a rear facing then the air is pulled-in.
Of-course its my logic not sure if I am making any sense.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Ha ha ha... Do you mean the older one were better and the new :) .
Which I am really not sure about. I guess it has something to do with the turbulence. If the snorkel is front facing you are pushing the air in. If its a rear facing then the air is pulled-in.
Of-course its my logic not sure if I am making any sense.
Your logic is correct actually-anytime the bike is moving at a reasonable forward speed,the air is pushed in-which is less work done by the intake stroke and more air inside the cylinder during the intake valve opening(there is a lot more to this process)-maxing out the intake charge is one of the holy grail's of tuning-increases both torque and power-trying to emulate and implement this idea in my own limited ways

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS