Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Replaced the multiple washers in the side panels with purpose made spacers-had the spacers nickel plated .Also ground away the locating tab as it had no functional purpose now.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Mandar_C500

Just wondering, Why RE has made it rear facing in the newer models (REH and twins) while it was front facing on the older (classic 500).
Even the aftermarket filters are removing the snorkel than changing the direction.

Any idea.

Mandar_C500

Mandar, looks like the engineering team at RE has changed

Ha ha ha... Do you mean the older one were better and the new :) .
Which I am really not sure about. I guess it has something to do with the turbulence. If the snorkel is front facing you are pushing the air in. If its a rear facing then the air is pulled-in.
Of-course its my logic not sure if I am making any sense.

Gaurav Chopra

Ha ha ha... Do you mean the older one were better and the new :) .
Which I am really not sure about. I guess it has something to do with the turbulence. If the snorkel is front facing you are pushing the air in. If its a rear facing then the air is pulled-in.
Of-course its my logic not sure if I am making any sense.
Your logic is correct actually-anytime the bike is moving at a reasonable forward speed,the air is pushed in-which is less work done by the intake stroke and more air inside the cylinder during the intake valve opening(there is a lot more to this process)-maxing out the intake charge is one of the holy grail's of tuning-increases both torque and power-trying to emulate and implement this idea in my own limited ways

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

Safeena has two new controls added-2 Minda on/off switches have been added-the left one is an off/on switch for the headlight-now the AHO is controlled by this switch-no wire cutting involved-all wires joined into the stock socket junction near the frame headstock .The parking lights and speedometer lights are always on but the 60/55W headlight operates through the switch-my battery must be happier now with more share of the current going to charge it than to operate the headlight.This switch will be normally be in off position.The right Minda switch is the ABS on/off switch connected to the ABS actuator 5A fuse in the fusebox under the seat-this involved wire cutting and taking off the fuel tank to route the wires from the switch to the fuse. This right ABS switch will normally be in ON position and will be switched off if need be during off roading.Everything tapped up tight and working right.

Gaurav Chopra

First heavy rain today and my air filter intake modification has come undone-rode through pouring rain and waterlogged roads and the front facing intake allowed water into the airbox-the bike spluttered but didn't stall.On opening the air filter on reaching my factory, shocked to see everything wet.So back to the original rear facing intake mouth.Guess the company engineering is better than my stuff

Mandar_C500

First heavy rain today and my air filter intake modification has come undone-rode through pouring rain and waterlogged roads and the front facing intake allowed water into the airbox-the bike spluttered but didn't stall.On opening the air filter on reaching my factory, shocked to see everything wet.So back to the original rear facing intake mouth.Guess the company engineering is better than my stuff.

Faced the same issue with my Classic 500, so I have removed the rubber (nose)

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
First heavy rain today and my air filter intake modification has come undone-rode through pouring rain and waterlogged roads and the front facing intake allowed water into the airbox-the bike spluttered but didn't stall.On opening the air filter on reaching my factory, shocked to see everything wet.So back to the original rear facing intake mouth.Guess the company engineering is better than my stuff

Now I am thinking of people who are riding their 650s with after market airfilter without any snorkel cover

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk