Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Mandar_C500

.For fitting the side panel back on, multiple M6 washers were glued together to create the necessary gap.Stock M6*12 Allen button head bolts were replaced with longer M6*20 bolts on the three sides(one bolt is cosmetic).Intent of the exercise is that air is drawn from the front high pressure side than the stock rear facing low pressure side and to avoid possible water splash from the rear tyre to be sucked in the stock rear facing position.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Water was able to make it's way into the airfilter due to this mod (gap created by adding washers) and not due to the change in the direction of the intake snorkel.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
@Mandar_C500 ,the spacers were necessary because the sidecover did not seat properly in the changed direction of the intake snout-now everything back to OE spec;)

Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

Today morning got a 100/90W headlight bulb fitted-given to me by a neighbour who trades in automotive batteries and electrical goods.Let's see how it performs in the long run.

smoothwanderer

i have also put such a bulb in my bike. no issues till date except for the heat generated and the headlight assembly gets really hot. i haven't had a real long haul night ride yet.

Gaurav Chopra

Today was a hot and sultry day and today the bike stalled one too many times to get me to act and let the tank breathe-err vent-so opened up the gas cap ,took if off the tank, opened up the underside and extracted the two way breather valve -now the tank will hopefully vent directly to the atmosphere and the bike should not stall as often as it used too-and was seriously shocked to see the grime that had collected under the gas cap.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Today was a hot and sultry day and today the bike stalled one too many times to get me to act and let the tank breathe-err vent-so opened up the gas cap ,took if off the tank, opened up the underside and extracted the two way breather valve -now the tank will hopefully vent directly to the atmosphere and the bike should not stall as often as it used too-and was seriously shocked to see the grime that had collected under the gas cap.

Thanks to BS4.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

smoothwanderer

gourav one concern that i have regarding this modification of yours is that in rains water, does get inside the edges of the petrol tank lid so if the breather valve is removed won't it get mixed with the fuel ?

Gaurav Chopra

gourav one concern that i have regarding this modification of yours is that in rains water, does get inside the edges of the petrol tank lid so if the breather valve is removed won't it get mixed with the fuel ?
That is something i cannot comment on right now-it has not rained here since i took out the breather chamber-But,the water has no way to go through the keyhole and if it goes from the lid cap,the drain is always there-visible on the left side underneath the tightening nut in the first photo-so i believe that it is a safe modification-rest will come to know when it rains:)