Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

smoothwanderer

yes next time will surely do that. also i have read that the roller bearing with the same number made in Chekoslovakia is superior to the indian made one

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Safeena had her second service yesterday-nothing but a wash,clean and a thorough fastener re torque -all various vibrations and resonances have disappeared-this big single is sensitive to fastener tightness and will be checking everything every 2500kms

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gaurav Chopra

@Gaurav Chopra Is your Visor after market or you've cut OEM visor by half? Looks cute than OEM. You can try a dark tint to it to see if it's more sporty.
I cut the stock windshield short by 130mm from the top to stop the buffeting at the helmet level -now get a smooth air flow all around

Gaurav Chopra

While riding in a new area today,hit a huge sharp edge crater in the road and the front rim took a whopping hit-got bent and a wobble started.Took it straight to a rim straightening guy and had the rim trued again-1hour and Rs150.This pizza cutter 21" front wheel with a low 90/90 profile may be good enough for impacts on dirt but has too less air cushion to absorb hits from solid tar-a 19" with a fatter tyre and 100 profile will be much better in absorbing sharp corner hits in the urban environment and the bike will steer better too-and with less gyroscopic force will be easier on the steering head bearings and frame too

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
While riding in a new area today,hit a huge sharp edge crater in the road and the front rim took a whopping hit-got bent and a wobble started.Took it straight to a rim straightening guy and had the rim trued again-1hour and Rs150.This pizza cutter 21" front wheel with a low 90/90 profile may be good enough for impacts on dirt but has too less air cushion to absorb hits from solid tar-a 19" with a fatter tyre and 100 profile will be much better in absorbing sharp corner hits in the urban environment and the bike will steer better too-and with less gyroscopic force will be easier on the steering head bearings and frame too

Benefits of spoke rims Alloys would have been toast.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk