Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
After 6236kms with the rear OE Ceat tyres subjected to multiple cuts,punctures and tube changes , installed Apollo 120/90-17 replacing the rear Ceat.
Cost Rs2770 tyre tube set.
Replacing labour with spoke re-tensioning and rim straightening -Rs200.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
After 6236kms with the rear OE Ceat tyres subjected to multiple cuts,punctures and tube changes , installed Apollo 120/90-17 replacing the rear Ceat.
Cost Rs2770 tyre tube set.
Replacing labour with spoke re-tensioning and rim straightening -Rs200.

Looks good.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

On the rain caused slush of the roads of my office area,the OE Ceat tyre had better traction-so for slush,the Ceat is the better tyre-on dry broken roads and regular tarmac both wet and dry,the Apollo and Ceat are neck to neck-leaning hard into corners the Apollo with its big stiff tread blocks is the clear winner with no twitching and confidence inspiring feedback from the contact patch.

Gaurav Chopra

Today morning got a car lighter along with a 20Amp fuse fitted on Safeena-man there is a real shortage of real estate under the seat-all sorts of wire contortion has to be done to place it safely.The lighter body was insulated with tape.The positive terminal of the battery is really hard to unscrew.But all is well that ends well-tested the air pump and the contraption works fine-total expense Rs200 for the Maruti OEM Minda lighter and Rs100 fitting.

Last edited: