Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
@Mandar_C500 - none whatsoever.
Infact it solves the helmet buffeting and wind noise at speeds over 70kmph.
I have cut 130mm from the top of one windshield (summer-currently fitted) and 30mm from the top(winter) of another which I have not gotten around to fit so cannot report about it's wind performance right now.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Need inputs from fellow Himalayan users: Can I replace my 2015-TB500 with a BS6 Himalayan? Is it recommended? My usage is 40kms per day on highways on 3-4 days a week. I'm not a tourer. I'm quite content with TB500 seating and power delivery. Just wondering how good this replacement will be. How about pillion comfort for Himalayan? Maybe once in a month my spouse sits as pillion for short 10km rides and she is fond of this TB500 seating too. Will Himalayan disappoint pillion comfort as compared to TB?

Gaurav Chopra

Need inputs from fellow Himalayan users: Can I replace my 2015-TB500 with a BS6 Himalayan? Is it recommended? My usage is 40kms per day on highways on 3-4 days a week. I'm not a tourer. I'm quite content with TB500 seating and power delivery. Just wondering how good this replacement will be. How about pillion comfort for Himalayan? Maybe once in a month my spouse sits as pillion for short 10km rides and she is fond of this TB500 seating too. Will Himalayan disappoint pillion comfort as compared to TB?
Best that you and your wife take a joint test ride to judge together-the Himalayan and the Tb are diametrically opposing machines - but i bet you will like the smoothness after the jackhammer vibes of the Tb500 at speed.

Last edited:

Mandar_C500

I have just shifted from Classic 500 to REH and few are my observations:
REH gearing is very tall. it has few issues (or may be getting used to it)
Engine breaking, frequently switching gears (2nd and 3rd).
it's too tall (handle and rear seat) than classic, climbing the bike is task for 5.7-5.8 person.
Climbing the rear can also be an issue.
Miss the low end torque.
many people miss the hill-toe shifter from classic (I didn't face this issue).
No thump (at times its addictive).
Very less vibs :)

These are few of my observations.
Regards
Mandar

Gaurav Chopra

I have just shifted from Classic 500 to REH and few are my observations:
REH gearing is very tall. it has few issues (or may be getting used to it)
Engine breaking, frequently switching gears (2nd and 3rd).
it's too tall (handle and rear seat) than classic, climbing the bike is task for 5.7-5.8 person.
Climbing the rear can also be an issue.
Miss the low end torque.
many people miss the hill-toe shifter from classic (I didn't face this issue).
No thump (at times its addictive).
Very less vibs :)

These are few of my observations.
Regards
Mandar
Yes Mandar-the gearing gap between 1-2 is too large and 2-3 too small-guess the designers wanted a 6speed gearbox but economic reasons forced them to take one out -a proper 6speed gearbox with a proper gear ratios and an overdrive gear for highway cruising will make the Himalayan a more complete product.The C500 with almost 20% more cubic capacity has 25% more torque (32Nm for H411 and 40Nm for C500) and does indeed have a surge of low end torque which is its trump card.My biggest gripe with my H411 Safeena is the heavy steering though:razz:

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS

Mandar_C500

Hi, Need a help.
I have a BS3 RE Himalayan and I am facing a lots of back-fire while deaccelerating. Anybody has found a solution for this issue.
I have everything stock except iridium spark-plug.

Anybody has found the solution for this issue.

Regards
Mandar