Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi, Need a help.
I have a BS3 RE Himalayan and I am facing a lots of back-fire while deaccelerating. Anybody has found a solution for this issue.
I have everything stock except iridium spark-plug.

Anybody has found the solution for this issue.

Regards
Mandar
Did you try different mixture settings , as i remember the carb himaliyan does make crackle while deceleration.
Try to make the mixture bit rich , re tune their Motorcycles for best fuel economy like other companies.
An Audio or video would be more helpful in this regard as reference.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Hi, Need a help.
I have a BS3 RE Himalayan and I am facing a lots of back-fire while deaccelerating. Anybody has found a solution for this issue.
I have everything stock except iridium spark-plug.

Anybody has found the solution for this issue.

Regards
Mandar
@125kmph ranjit_cherian should have the answers

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Mandar_C500

Did you try different mixture settings , as i remember the carb himaliyan does make crackle while deceleration.
Try to make the mixture bit rich , re tune their Motorcycles for best fuel economy like other companies.
An Audio or video would be more helpful in this regard as reference.

I think need to start with the sparkpulg color. Iridium is not the right one. Will buy a fresh plug and start from there.

Thanks

Rajith has made a video. Need to find it now.

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
I think need to start with the sparkpulg color. Iridium is not the right one. Will buy a fresh plug and start from there.

Thanks

Rajith has made a video. Need to find it now.
Don't think you would be able to get the coffee brown spark plug color for perfect mixture with unleaded fuel now.
It would remain white side like a lean one.

That color indicator is a thing of past with shift to unleaded fuel.

Though iridium is not needed on these Motorcycles but should not be causing the issue unless the gap is ok.
Still starting with plug is good thing.
Keep us posted.

Mandar_C500

I am aware of the recall about the tappet noise and asked the service center about the same. The service person looked at the chasis no. of my bike and said that my bike is already fitted with the revised version of the tappet (or whatever )mechanism. The noise is there but not that evident. I am observing all the points and am going to report it to the service center during 2nd service. Hard gears needs some time to get used to. Definitely the gears are hard compared to other bikes. Again, the service person told me that the earlier bikes had much harder gears than mine. I also had noticed the test ride bikes had much harder gears than my bike especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

One issue that still remains unsorted is the back-firing of the exhaust even after about 1800kms of riding.

Also, I have not been able to get great fuel efficiency as yet. I am getting about 28kmpl in mixed (70% city and 30% highway) conditions. My TB 350, during its golden days would give me 43kmpl consistently.
I would appreciate if any Himalayan owner can give some tips about improving fuel efficiency.
Hi,
Did you found the solution for back-fire. Facing the same issue currently on BS3 Himalayan

Regards
Mandar

Gaurav Chopra

@Mandar_C500 ,after watching 125kmph videos, a few REH owners here had put 120no. main jets instead of standard 125no. and were happy with the results -both have sold their motorcycles now and are no longer in contact

Gaurav Chopra

Finally got around to fitting the "winter windscreen" ,a stock windshield cut off 45mm from the top to avoid helmet buffeting -this is taller than my "summer windscreen" by 90mm

Last edited:

Mandar_C500

Finally got around to fitting the "winter windscreen" ,a stock windshield cut off 45mm from the top to avoid helmet buffeting -this is taller than my "summer windscreen" by 90mm

Which handlebar you are using?? RE Thunderbird X??

smoothwanderer

my boy has develped new symptoms - after the bike is ridden for some time its very difficult to shift the gear from 1 to 2nd. the front tyre is getting worn out on one side. will get it repaired from my local mechanic next week.