Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
my boy has develped new symptoms - after the bike is ridden for some time its very difficult to shift the gear from 1 to 2nd. the front tyre is getting worn out on one side. will get it repaired from my local mechanic next week.
Looks like the clutch adjustment and wheel alignment are not of whack- also if the front fork oil damping has gone (that is if the oil in one or both forks has gone bad- lost its viscosity) uneven front tire wear is the result

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Mandar_C500

my boy has develped new symptoms - after the bike is ridden for some time its very difficult to shift the gear from 1 to 2nd. the front tyre is getting worn out on one side. will get it repaired from my local mechanic next week.
Front tyre wearing out on one side is clear case of oil leakage from one of the forks. I have faced this issue in my classic. due to the cable tie on the rubber boot (lower side) oil doesn't come out.

I have also replaced handlebar to TBX one. Also tried the barrel exhaust handle bar. but it is too wide to my liking / comfort.

Thanks
Mandar

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Front tyre wearing out on one side is clear case of oil leakage from one of the forks. I have faced this issue in my classic. due to the cable tie on the rubber boot (lower side) oil doesn't come out.

I have also replaced handlebar to TBX one. Also tried the barrel exhaust handle bar. but it is too wide to my liking / comfort.

Thanks
Mandar
Try AOM(art of Motorcycles) handle bar it has best reviews by users.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

AOM handle bar is too costly (2100 Rs.) and I don't think its worth it.
Very happy with the TBX handlebar.
Not only is the AOM handlebar too costly,it is also too wide for my liking - in a turn I had to move my arms in an inorganic manner during a tight turn -ok if you are built big -not so good for me - though I did not take any measurements

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

can you pls post the snap of the AOM handlebar
Don't have a snap-rode someone's bike fitted with an AOM bar in Chandigarh.
I guess you can find the snap on the net.

Whatever handlebar you fit,one thing is certain-the steering feel of the Himalayan will be weird- don't know why but even after 8500kms on my Safeena,i still can't truly come to terms with her steering - it is ODDLY imprecise and heavy.I have tried 6 different Himalayan's and each has its own distinct steering traits-none of which can be called good.I personally feel that the steering head and bearings are too small for such a heavy bike and the whole assembly flexes under heavy loads -like emergency braking,heavy lean ,big suspension hits etc. It can definitely be designed in a better and more rigid manner -the engine,suspension and tyres are writing cheques that the steering head cannot encash:roll:

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS