Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
The 10000km service of Safeena was done last week-all routine stuff-oil change,air filter cleaning,sparkplug clean,nut bolt tightening etc-rear brake pads were replaced with new OE ones- - the rear passenger footpeg was broken and the dealer did not have it in stock-the dealer will change the front cone set bearings under warranty as and when they receive it in stock-have also ordered a spare clutch cable,front chain sprocket and will change them also as preventive measures.Rest all Okay and Safeena is plugging on smoothly .

Last edited:

Gaurav Chopra

Safeena surprised me today on the way to office-there is this long curved flyover with extremely bumpy tarmac surface on my way to work-on both my erstwhile Duke390 "Blor Betty" and my current Harley XG750 "Tera Chorinja" ,i routinely hold up speeds of 85-90kmph when rounding the curve- today morning i happened to glance down on Safeena's speedo while midway through the curve and was pleasantly surprised see the speedo needle upward of 80kmph -gave a good thank you pat on her tank as a mark of appreciation.Guess we are both now reasonably comfortable with each other. On my current A220 which i hardly ride these days ,i don't remember seeing upward of 80kmph ever.

Gaurav Chopra

Got the front cone bearing changed under warranty at 10425kms today with the OE SKF 30205 bearings-also got the front fork oil changed-rs450 for the fork oil + rs374 labour=Rs824 bill for the front end today.The steering has lightened considerably and the front forks dive substantially lesser on braking. The rear passenger footrest is on order but in the meantime got the Bullet standard left rear footrest fitted as a jugad to be changed when the original comes.

Gaurav Chopra

So much for the proficiency of the work at the dealership ASC(ASS)-one week later one of the fork pinch bolts goes missing-this after the best mechanic worked on my bike according to the workshop foreman.Will have to go there and get a new one fitted

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
So much for the proficiency of the work at the dealership ASC(ASS)-one week later one of the fork pinch bolts goes missing-this after the best mechanic worked on my bike according to the workshop foreman.Will have to go there and get a new one fitted

Balle balle kara di

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

Got the bolt fitted today morning-no charge-so all is well that ends well

smoothwanderer

Impressed after test riding my bike my friend Biju, who is the head of the dept.of surgery in our college bought a new Himalayan
IMG-20210413-WA0102.jpg
IMG-20210413-WA0100.jpg