Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Yesterday night while on the way back home ,was disturbed by an incessant rattle from the front end.
While checking everything in the morning,it turned out that one of the headlight clamp had broken from inside the headlight nacelle.
Got it rewelded for Rs20 but the headlight ring got burnt through n through - not something that should happen to a 1.25year old machine.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Mandar_C500

Hi,
I have changed the rear disk pads some 3 months back and my rear wheel was not spinning freely (when on center stand). I revisited SVC for this issue however they told me to ride for 300 km to bed-in the new pads.
I have ridden for almost 600 KM but it was never spinning freely. I am not able to revisit the SVC due to lockdown.
Now comes the real problem, last Saturday, rear wheel got puncture and I have opened it and take it to fix it. After re-installing the rear wheel, it is spinning freely and the brakes are also working fine.

So I am not sure If I have installed the rear wheel correctly or not. How can I check if it is installed correctly,

Please help

Gaurav Chopra

Spinning free is actually the best check - just do check the chain run to be straight too -after every wheel disassembly and refitting

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

The front tyre was loosing air slowly repeatedly over the past couple of weeks- still on the OE Ceat tyre/tube combination-the front tube air valve was the culprit and was changed -cost of checking and valve replacement Rs30-bike has crossed 11350kms and all systems reporting to work:)