Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Well the colour is eye catching -though the performance leaves a lot to be desired -the jacket is ok ,but the pant not so waterproof -pants sealing is not good at all -jeans wet from the sides and back

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Ooops , almost all waterproof suits work like this. Mine does same . Have to buy a new one for this season got fully drenched two days straight.

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Ooops , almost all waterproof suits work like this. Mine does same . Have to buy a new one for this season got fully drenched two days straight.

Have heard good reviews about STUDDS rainsuits-any idea about them @IJS ?

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Have heard good reviews about STUDDS rainsuits-any idea about them @IJS ?
Haven't seen anyone using it. Few i know are now using decathlon ones. I will look for studds one if i find it in market or else would go to Tarpaulin market i.e azad market look for a good quality one there.

Gaurav Chopra

14200km service has been a big one -chain set ,Cush drive rubber , front brake pads replacement done.
Maintenance cost -Rs5771.
The bike was in the workshop for 4 days awaiting the chainset.
The oil cooler radiator is all blocked with fins bent stopping airflow and a new one has been ordered.
Kms covered between services-4000kms.

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
14200km service has been a big one -chain set ,Cush drive rubber , front brake pads replacement done.
Maintenance cost -Rs5771.
The bike was in the workshop for 4 days awaiting the chainset.
The oil cooler radiator is all blocked with fins bent stopping airflow and a new one has been ordered.
Kms covered between services-4000kms.

Now it is all new.

Gaurav Chopra

Bike at 14600kms -and the handle was getting too stiff for turning.
So the headstock was opened again - top bearing was looking iffy and rusted -guess standing in multiple heavy downpours has had ill effects.
Both bearings were regreased with red gel NRB grease after thorough cleaning and refitted.
Steering better now.
From the looks and feel of it, this set of bearings is not going to last the 10000kms that the first set did.
All work done by one of my factory workers and myself at my factory premises - so no bill except for the Rs40 cost of the NRB red gel bearing grease tube .