Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Bike at 15550kms and the rear Apollo R6 is nearly gone having run 9300kms - a 50% jump on the OE Ceat which lasted a paltry 6250kms.
Will spoon on a new rear MRF Meteor shortly

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

Got a call from my dealer that the oil radiator/cooler and touring seat had arrived-dropped off the bike today morning at the ASC and got it back with the new oil cooler fitted(RE being RE-there had to be a locha:)-the oil cooler was of the BS3 model with no locknut for the protector grill-i told them to fit it anyway)-also the front T-stem bearings were changed under warranty for the second time-the first change bearings lasted barely 5200kms -the OE originals had lasted 10200kms-lets see how long this set lasts.
The touring seat cost me Rs2600-MRP is Rs2750-the seat is definitely better than the normal seat but this comes with a really flimsy seat cover-will have to get a new seat cover installed over this one.

Gaurav Chopra

On this Dussehra holiday, finally changed the rear tyre+ tube to MRF METEOR 120/90-17.-AT 15720km

Cost Rs3250 for the TT and Rs350 for rim spoke tightening and rim truing and fitting - both front and rear.The MRF tyre is a lot chunkier than the previous Apollo and Ceat ones -the MRF tube is at least 50% thicker than the previous Apollo tube - so hope these are a lot more puncture resistant than the previous tyres
IMG_20211015_153701.jpg

Last edited:

smoothwanderer

me too changed the rear tyre to MRF Meteor. the contact patch of the tyre seems very narrow when compared to the ceat though. My bike is giving lots of trouble these days. the Battery wasn't getting charged and my son got stranded on the way to calicut. had to go personaly and bring back the bike to kannur. the armature was changed at RE taiparamba. the ignition switch was changed. Bill INR 8000. got the bike home and now its having a missing. have to take it to RE on monday.the chain was vwer tightened and it gave hell of a noice and i had to d the adustments at home.

Gaurav Chopra

me too changed the rear tyre to MRF Meteor. the contact patch of the tyre seems very narrow when compared to the ceat though. My bike is giving lots of trouble these days. the Battery wasn't getting charged and my son got stranded on the way to calicut. had to go personaly and bring back the bike to kannur. the armature was changed at RE taiparamba. the ignition switch was changed. Bill INR 8000. got the bike home and now its having a missing. have to take it to RE on monday.the chain was vwer tightened and it gave hell of a noice and i had to d the adustments at home.
While at the ASC, do tell them to check the rectifier too.
And what about your son's D390 request Doc?:-D

Gaurav Chopra

Safeena had an awesome time slipping and sliding at the newly opened dirt track in Ludhiana today -the owners were kind enough to allow me a recee lap of the almost 3km long track with straights,90 degree turns,tight loops,hoops and sharp jumps -Safeena made the most of being the ONLY bike on track and she hogged the whole track slipping and sliding to glory -in the low traction environment of the dirt track, switched off the ABS and had wanton fun -dirt riding really must require upper body fitness -My upper torso is pumped from handling Safeena and my shoes sure had a workout today.
No photo of me lapping though.
IMG_20211031_090912_102.jpg

IMG_20211031_091208_892.jpg

IMG_20211031_090745.jpg

IMG_20211031_090755_1.jpg

IMG_20211031_090733.jpg

IMG_20211031_090511.jpg

IMG_20211031_090502.jpg

Last edited: