Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
While cleaning my bike,my office staff man erroneously dislocated the rear ABS sensor cable from its stays on the hydraulic brake line -which got burnt by the silencer on my way home last night -and no ABS brakes at 100kmph -thankfully saw the ABS light glowing and slowed down before i had to brake suddenly - got the wire replaced today -Rs865 hit to my pocket -as the original plastic circlips have hardened and do not hold the wire in place for long(as told by my staff )-told the ASC mechanic to use electrical tape to strap to the swingarm - unsightly but essential to keep the wire away from harm

Mandar_C500

It was a happening Nov for my Bike.
1) Broke the rear fender (inner part). Rear fender of the bike broke while going thru the patch of bad road. I have removed the fender (the inner part) and painted the registration number on the upper part of the fender. I have also added a universal tyre hugger, and it working fine.
2) Front suspension sag. The front suspension is too soft for my weight and I want to make it little stiff, Hence I have changed the suspension oil to Motul 30w. also changed the suspension rubber. After the oil change, I feel suspension is working as per my liking and very happy with this change.
3) Changed the brake fluid. As the bike is 5 yrs brake fluid was never replaced. Hence I have changed the both the fluids with dot 4 oil.
4) Changed the rubber hose (for PAV system). their were some cracks and due for replacement. Before replacement, I have to block the system for few days (was not able to source the pipe) and noticed that the backfire was completely eliminated.

Any thoughts on the #4. I think I should remove this system. I have done this in my classic and never faced any issue with it.

Regards
Mandar

Gaurav Chopra

@Mandar_C500
Even in my bike the PAV system is dormant but connected as i have eliminated the gas vent valve in the gas cap.Yes,you can eliminate the PAV system completely.- but is your bike carb or EFI? -as that may make a difference to how to go about it.
My bike stalling and backfires got totally eliminated after fitting the NGK CR7EIX Iridium spark plug.

Mandar_C500

@Mandar_C500
Even in my bike the PAV system is dormant but connected as i have eliminated the gas vent valve in the gas cap.Yes,you can eliminate the PAV system completely.- but is your bike carb or EFI? -as that may make a difference to how to go about it.
My bike stalling and backfires got totally eliminated after fitting the NGK CR7EIX Iridium spark plug.
Mine is BS3 carb bike already running on NGK sparkplug. I am also facing the abrupt stalling issue, but is more to do with carb setting, I guess.
AFAIK, PAV system is not connected to the gas cap, but the fuel drain pipe is. PAV system is pulling the fresh air from the airbox and putting it in the exhaust to burn the excess fuel.

Atx9

Mine bike is bs6 2021 3000km covered...now im not getting old comfort and performance..some times i feel bike is too hard while throttling...

Main issue
-Missing issue. riding traffic
-Rear wheel wobbling .. while turning
-Fuel gauge problem

How can i solve these problems?
IMG_20211121_093914.jpg

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

Mine is BS3 carb bike already running on NGK sparkplug. I am also facing the abrupt stalling issue, but is more to do with carb setting, I guess.
AFAIK, PAV system is not connected to the gas cap, but the fuel drain pipe is. PAV system is pulling the fresh air from the airbox and putting it in the exhaust to burn the excess fuel.

Then i guess we are talking about 2 different systems.
My bike is EFI and has a gas tank/airbox/fume chamber connection under the engine -so u maybe right -PAV - might not be installed in EFI bikes.
Also i put 30W fork oil in my Harley -as the weather has turned cold here up north,the forks have really really stiffened up:razz: -and not running through their proper stroke -leading to the front brake loosing much of it's effectiveness -the ABS comes into play real fast now without proper retardation -this should not be a problem in Pune weather though.

Last edited:

Gaurav Chopra

Mine bike is bs6 2021 3000km covered...now im not getting old comfort and performance..some times i feel bike is too hard while throttling...

Main issue
-Missing issue. riding traffic
-Rear wheel wobbling .. while turning
-Fuel gauge problem

How can i solve these problems? View attachment 796922

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk
get on the back of your dealer-all easily solvable in the ASC as your bike in warranty.