Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Report of seat after 21km ride in town, bumper to bumper traffic and 6km highway run - the seat is elevated by approximately 2". from its previous height - which has altered the ergonomic triangle - less bend in the knees , different angle of seating for the crotch, different angle of bend at the feet/footpeg interface, lower handlebar position changing angle of arms and different angle of attack at the shoulder.
The seat feels squirmy and has added a disconnect between the seat of pants and suspension movement - comfort over longer distances remains to be experienced

Gaurav Chopra

The heat wave has caused the intermittent stalling to return -was pretty sure it is the clogged EVAP playing up-so today got the EVAP system removed -the front pipe vent from the tank was cut short in front of the engine- the rear pipe leading to the throttle body assembly was also cut short and plugged with a bearing ball and then the end was ziptied. Hope this allows for better venting of the tank fumes and does not form a vapor lock anymore -leading to smoother hot weather idling and slow speed running. Also removed the bash plate will at it- now the bike looks more airy .
Bike is a couple of kms short of the 19k mark

Gaurav Chopra

Just for the heck,went back to the mechanic shop , opened up the EVAP container - was filled with petrol soaked charcoal -guess as in all RE's ,the stalling and missing is exaggerated when the tank is filled to the brim -which I had indeed done.
SAVE_20220321_084429.jpg

Gaurav Chopra

The bike sans the bash plate- the engine is a good 35mm over the frame tubes - no way is the engine touching down before the solid frame rails
16478326987264520429945766687733.jpg

Gaurav Chopra

IMG_20220328_113847.jpg

The bike all fitted back -all opening and fitting done by myself - welder labour outgo Rs200 +1.5hr time .
Mission accomplished- discernible and mellifluous increase in bass of the exhaust