Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Mandar_C500

The bike all fitted back -all opening and fitting done by myself - welder labour outgo Rs200 +1.5hr time .
Mission accomplished- discernible and mellifluous increase in bass of the exhaust
Waiting for the review of this mod. Hope it increases the thump and the initial pickup.
I would like to suggest to clean (exterior) the exhaust system using harpic and toothbrush. It really makes wonders.

Regards
Mandar

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Waiting for the review of this mod. Hope it increases the thump and the initial pickup.
I would like to suggest to clean (exterior) the exhaust system using harpic and toothbrush. It really makes wonders.

Regards
Mandar
Rode the bike to office 14kms -idle exhaust note is a somewhat louder and bass rich -more like the thump of the bs3 RE's- beautiful soft pops from the exhaust on deceleration -engine braking seems lesser - exhaust note just a little bit more growly at highway speeds of 90kmph - will someday go WOT to check increase in top speed.

Gaurav Chopra

With 20000kms complete,the front fork oil -455ml per tube- was changed - front brake pads replaced- frame head T-stem opened and drilled from both sides and fitted with grease nipples to facilitate lubing of the T -stem lower bearing
IMG-20220518-WA0059.jpg

IMG-20220518-WA0058.jpg

Cost of parts Rs750.
Labour charges -Rs1100

Mandar_C500

With 20000kms complete,the front fork oil -455ml per tube- was changed - front brake pads replaced- frame head T-stem opened and drilled from both sides and fitted with grease nipples to facilitate lubing of the T -stem lower bearing

Cost of parts Rs750.
Labour charges -Rs1100
Dose adding the oil from those nipples solves the purpose of bearing jam issue??
I mean does it really work??

Gaurav Chopra

Dose adding the oil from those nipples solves the purpose of bearing jam issue??
I mean does it really work??
Will definitely work for the lower bearing - the highly stressed one -that the grease gun can push the grease up into the upper bearing remains to be verified from experience.