Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Mandar_C500

The bike all fitted back -all opening and fitting done by myself - welder labour outgo Rs200 +1.5hr time .
Mission accomplished- discernible and mellifluous increase in bass of the exhaust
Waiting for the review of this mod. Hope it increases the thump and the initial pickup.
I would like to suggest to clean (exterior) the exhaust system using harpic and toothbrush. It really makes wonders.

Regards
Mandar

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Waiting for the review of this mod. Hope it increases the thump and the initial pickup.
I would like to suggest to clean (exterior) the exhaust system using harpic and toothbrush. It really makes wonders.

Regards
Mandar
Rode the bike to office 14kms -idle exhaust note is a somewhat louder and bass rich -more like the thump of the bs3 RE's- beautiful soft pops from the exhaust on deceleration -engine braking seems lesser - exhaust note just a little bit more growly at highway speeds of 90kmph - will someday go WOT to check increase in top speed.

Gaurav Chopra

With 20000kms complete,the front fork oil -455ml per tube- was changed - front brake pads replaced- frame head T-stem opened and drilled from both sides and fitted with grease nipples to facilitate lubing of the T -stem lower bearing
IMG-20220518-WA0059.jpg

IMG-20220518-WA0058.jpg

Cost of parts Rs750.
Labour charges -Rs1100

Mandar_C500

With 20000kms complete,the front fork oil -455ml per tube- was changed - front brake pads replaced- frame head T-stem opened and drilled from both sides and fitted with grease nipples to facilitate lubing of the T -stem lower bearing

Cost of parts Rs750.
Labour charges -Rs1100
Dose adding the oil from those nipples solves the purpose of bearing jam issue??
I mean does it really work??

Gaurav Chopra

Cut and modified the right leg gaurd to have easier access to tighten the front main engine 17mm across flat mounting nut - had to go to the ASC to get it tightened everytime -even their way of tightening left the nut with improper scruff marks.
Basically cut the top tube and mounted a similar tube on top of it to create clearance.
Now the 17mm socket has enough clearance to slide in properly without any special tomfoolery. But function definitely precedes form here.
The whole process of cutting and MIG welding was done in my factory and the whole leg gaurd was again powercoated black at a nearby factory - cost only my time.

IMG_20220808_172647.jpg
IMG_20220808_172652.jpg

Last edited: