Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
@katrenikhil Brother to Brother question. Is Himalayan is worth buying? Worth to invest 2Lacs on this machine?
There are few well known members who have sold the bike and shifted to other bikes due quality and reliability issues. Also the pathetic attitude of service team.
One of th is @Sam231276.
Also the new FI version with ABS is soon to be launched so if u really want to buy wait for it.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
No

No bro please don't go for Himalayan... Wait for BMW 301 or go for d400.
Right advice , now they have stopped the sale and production to resolve the issues. But taking booking saying it would be fi and abs post August delivery.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Ironaddict

Ironaddict
Right advice , now they have stopped the sale and production to resolve the issues. But taking booking saying it would be fi and abs post August delivery.

Yes totally agree on that.. it's the worst product from re clan's .. I never understood the cult following crowd why they love to spend their hard earned money on it.. n regret later.

Reactions: IJS

katrenikhil

Hello all,

I have been using the bike and have completed over 10,000kms. This includes riding from Mumbai to Kanyakumari and back.

I must say that in terms of performance, touring ability and long distance riding comfort, the Himalayan is a great bike. Trust me, I did Mumbai to Bangalore in one day with minimal fatigue.

I can't say the same about reliability though. Like other Himalayan owners, I also faced a few glitches with my bike initially. The initial batches of bikes have many known flaws, but the company is replacing faulty parts under warranty. I have got the parts replaced and for now I am happy.

With that said, I personally don't regret buying the Himalayan. There's no other bike currently available in India with meets my needs in the price band of under 2 Lakhs.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hello all,

I have been using the bike and have completed over 10,000kms. This includes riding from Mumbai to Kanyakumari and back.

I must say that in terms of performance, touring ability and long distance riding comfort, the Himalayan is a great bike. Trust me, I did Mumbai to Bangalore in one day with minimal fatigue.

I can't say the same about reliability though. Like other Himalayan owners, I also faced a few glitches with my bike initially. The initial batches of bikes have many known flaws, but the company is replacing faulty parts under warranty. I have got the parts replaced and for now I am happy.

With that said, I personally don't regret buying the Himalayan. There's no other bike currently available in India with meets my needs in the price band of under 2 Lakhs.
Nice yaar and wish u many more happy and trouble free miles with smile.

aneeshanand

Any Himalayan FI owners here? I know there are a lot to complain about the bike, but who cares when you are in love? LOL.
Planning to buy one soon, but would like to get the real experts' review from BCM.
Did browse all sites and videos, and understood the existing issues. But how much is fixed on the new version and how is it now?

Reactions: IJS

smoothwanderer

hi i too am an owner of the first batch of himalayans. i too had many issues with it but most have been rectified and the bike is running fine. few modifications that i have added are
1) Changed the handle bar and the ride has become very comfortable.
2) at 10k on the odo i changed the engine oil to Motul 300v and presto the engine has become very smooth.the most significant improvement was the smoothness in the gear shift
3) changed the clutch cable to the classic 350 one and the clutch has become very light
4) fitted the Donovan Rodrickks saddle stays
5) just now i side gapped the spark plug.

IMG_20181019_134917.jpg

IMG_20181019_134931.jpg

IMG_20181019_134937.jpg

IMG_20181019_134948.jpg