Greetings to all on here. I have put money down for a Himalayan and am researching to ensure I do a proper inspection of the bike before taking delivery. Apart from all the standard things, here are some which I jotted down as specific to the Himalayan. Would like to hear your thoughts on anything I should add/modify
- All "caps" fixed properly (unlikely to fall off)
- Clutch cable routing
- fuel tank breather hose routing
- ABS hose routing
- Spoke tension
- fuel gauge check
There are some parts on the Himalayan which I feel are either insufficiently reliable or altogether too flimsy to last if the bike is ridden like it should. Feedback / replacement suggestions requested.
- Saree guard : looks like it will take the chain cover mounts with it if left on.
- Indicators : very thin plastic and the lens will likely get tossed off. Would prefer robust LED replacements if I can find one but I also don't know if the flasher is compatible.
- Steering head bearing : want to replace with tapered roller units but not sure of replacement part numbers.
- Continental GT heel plates
- Avenger mirrors (not a fan of the stock units)
- Handle bar? Not sure what I want as replacement.
- Knuckle guards? Again not sure what options to consider.
This is what I have for now. Appreciate your time and attention.
Joined the Himi brigade today-bye bye my Blor Betty Duke390 and hello black beauty Himalayan whom i have named "SAFEENA"-first impressions-docile as Labrador and plush as a sofa-ridden straight from the showroom to office-pray the journey with the Himi goes long and well.