Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

smoothwanderer

has anybody upgraded the headight bulb of the himalayan ? i have just installed the 100/ 90 osram halogen. the brightness has definitely increased so also the heat generated. will post the outcomes.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
has anybody upgraded the headight bulb of the himalayan ? i have just installed the 100/ 90 osram halogen. the brightness has definitely increased so also the heat generated. will post the outcomes.
Since the standard is 60/55 Osram,did you change(upgrade) the fuse also???

Gaurav Chopra

Today got the first service done-engine oil changed from mineral to semi synthetic Liquid Gun 15w50-1.6ltr-brake pads clean,air filter clean,spark plug clean,fitted the Continental 535GT heel guard-handlebar check nut slightly loosen as it was too tight.-that's it-cost Rs995.
Point to note is that the service guy had poured 2 ltr into the service can:roll: -had to show him the service manual for him to be convinced to pour 1.6ltr-and it was perfect at the engine oil top mark-he said they were pouring 2ltr in all bikes previously-no wonder the clutch and gears give such a hard time to the owners:twisted:-in the engine confines where is the extra 400ml to go except into whirring rotating parts.-the head mechanic was scratching his balls in a bemused manner when 1.6ltr settled at the top mark:)-so much for ASS mechanic training -will have to really careful everytime i go to them.Also got the government approved number plates fitted.
The bike is purring well-touch wood

Last edited:

Gaurav Chopra

@smoothwanderer Well i have the satisfaction that my brake is safer :)
Also got two layers of 0.75" knit lon padding added to the seats as the stock cushion was too soft for my weight and left me sitting on the seat pan after 10minutes.The seat is a lot harder now and the increased seat height has also provided my knees a less acute angle of bend.
Though now my head is bang in the buffeting zone of the upswept airstream from the visor -so it is noisier inside the helmet now.Also rode the bike at 80kmph for the first time as the manual states speed of 80kmph from 500-2000kms

Last edited:

smoothwanderer

my rear tyre has worn out so thinking of getting new ones. Ralco speed blaster is the one i have zeroed on, the size being 120-80-R17. the oem tyre ceat gripp is 120-90-R17. so a slight fall in height is expected.