Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
my rear tyre has worn out so thinking of getting new ones. Ralco speed blaster is the one i have zeroed on, the size being 120-80-R17. the oem tyre ceat gripp is 120-90-R17. so a slight fall in height is expected.
Do look for newly launched Apollo Tyres for the Himalayan. Would share the pics in few days as the set arrives at my friend's shop.
Ralcos are known to be hard and slippery even on dry road so i suggest look for more options. Timsun is another brand which is getting famous these days.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

smoothwanderer

IJS i have ralcos on my avvy, speedblaster on the rear and gripper on the front. both seems to be soft tyres and never had a skid. didn't know about the appolos though, will have a look. do post the pictures when you get them.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
my rear tyre has worn out so thinking of getting new ones. Ralco speed blaster is the one i have zeroed on, the size being 120-80-R17. the oem tyre ceat gripp is 120-90-R17. so a slight fall in height is expected.
Doc saab @smoothwanderer -why don't you try MRF Meteor 120/90-17.-you will have the standard profile.
MRF Mogrip Meteor-M 120/90-17 64H TUBE-TYPE Bike tyre,Rear (NEW MODEL): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

price can be hammered down at your local dealer

Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

These Apollos are going to be much better on tarmac with their bigger blocks-with much better feel while braking and cornering-but off road performance will be just passable-the Ceat will be better in that aspect-Apollo has done well to price these competitively.Let's see how quickly and how well the market accepts them -Apollo itself is a notoriously non aggressive marketer in the two wheeled space

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
These Apollos are going to be much better on tarmac with their bigger blocks-with much better feel while braking and cornering-but off road performance will be just passable-the Ceat will be better in that aspect-Apollo has done well to price these competitively.Let's see how quickly and how well the market accepts them -Apollo itself is a notoriously non aggressive marketer in the two wheeled space
Yes true about there lame attitude towards sale. They are not targeting right people to promote the tyre. I would suggest your name if they plan to give sample set

Gaurav Chopra

Yes true about there lame attitude towards sale. They are not targeting right people to promote the tyre. I would suggest your name if they plan to give sample set

:-D:supz:
Willing promoter bhai @IJS

Reactions: IJS