Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

smoothwanderer

the solution can be tried. if the reason for the cone set problem is water getting inside and absence of lubrication of the rolller bearings it will be helpful but if its the weight of the bike causing it, may not be a remedy.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Just came to view this while on YT-totally new perspective on the word utilitarian :)
N came to know of a lady doing lots of trans-continental rides on her Himalayan

Gaurav Chopra

yes -itchy boots she is @IJS -some traveller this lady-n the Himalayan is just treating her nicely

N Ceat has just come up with an upgraded Grip XL- it's fitted to the 2020 Himalayan

Gaurav Chopra

Had the first puncture on my Black Fox yesterday night at 8pm while returning from work-a sharp piece of iron scrap got impaled and took out the rear tube with 7 punctures-was lucky it happened not too far from a puncture repair shop and the guy had a 100/90-17 Ceat tube which was put in.Today morning scoured the entire tyre market looking for the OE 120/90-17 and 90-90-21 tube but couldn't find it.Bought a spare MRF 100/90-17 tube for emergency use.
The bike crossed 1000kms today and the handle cone bearings are playing up already-have bought a machine collect tightening tool no.33 and had it ground down from 8mm thickness to 4mm and then had it chrome plated.Will be using the tool to adjust the head locknut myself.Have also removed the upper show off mudgaurd and fitted a mudflap to the lower mudgaurd-from the condition of roads in the photo you can guess why I bought the Himalayan

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Had the first puncture on my Black Fox yesterday night at 8pm while returning from work-a sharp piece of iron scrap got impaled and took out the rear tube with 7 punctures-was lucky it happened not too far from a puncture repair shop and the guy had a 100/90-17 Ceat tube which was put in.Today morning scoured the entire tyre market looking for the OE 120/90-17 and 90-90-21 tube but couldn't find it.Bought a spare MRF 100/90-17 tube for emergency use.
The bike crossed 1000kms today and the handle cone bearings are playing up already-have bought a machine collect tightening tool no.33 and had it ground down from 8mm thickness to 4mm and then had it chrome plated.Will be using the tool to adjust the head locknut myself.Have also removed the upper show off mudgaurd and fitted a mudflap to the lower mudgaurd-from the condition of roads in the photo you can guess why I bought the Himalayan

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Finding tubes is really a task theses days as most Motorcycles have tubeless tyres.
And this tool looks like the c spanner i have in my kit for adjusting the rear suspension.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk