Royal Enfield Himalayan - Ownership experience

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Had the OE handlebar of "Safeena" replaced with one from Thunderbird X -higher by 30mm and the bend comes closer to the body for a more relaxed posture.Cost Rs640 for the handlebar and Rs226 labour charges-Rs866 total

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gaurav Chopra

Today , shortened the sidestand of my BS4 Himalayan "Safeena"-cut out a 4mm piece of the sidestand with a hand hacksaw and welded the ground tab back-all the work carried out in my own factory,so the workmanship not exquisite but gets the job done.The bike now rests at an angle of about 80 degrees from the horizontal rather than the near 90 degree vertical earlier.

Last edited:

smoothwanderer

the near vertical position has some advantage too - like straightening the bike for riding, with heavy saddlebags, are easier when on long rides. while stationary, resting with side stand lowered will be comfortable. but chances of tripping the bike to right side is more with the near vertical position.

Gaurav Chopra

@smoothwanderer -The bike "Safeena" nearly tripped at home when my younger son was cleaning it at home-hence decided to get this shortened ASAP

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS