Royal Enfield Machismo 500 under the microscope

bradhey

All you guys, the owners of LB 500 make me jealous like hell with all those post.

I can bet my bike on this one, but the LB 500 is probably the best looking bullet and for performance and sheer character nothing comes close, mind you.

If you need any stuff, I have a very big RE depot close to my workplace. Use this forum to get the stuff you can't find in your region.

Cheers.... and keep the thread alive and kickin....!!!

ebonho

Banned
Bradhey thanks for the offer. Which city are you in?

Btw, I beg to differ on one count. On sheer character and ride quality/feel, nothing from the RE stable comes close to the standard 500.

I own both, as do many other old time Bulleteers, and they all concur.

Last edited:

komodo

Abeer Aulakh
Anyone got any idea which year did the production of Machismo 500 start? I'm planning to buy one in december (second hand obviously). I haven't been able to track one in my city, so can anyone tell me approx how much would I need to shell out to buy this baby?

deejay

no longer active
Great now how about a ride on the same to celebrate :grin:
I am game tomorrow morning.. Let me know when and where.

Anyone got any idea which year did the production of Machismo 500 start? I'm planning to buy one in december (second hand obviously). I haven't been able to track one in my city, so can anyone tell me approx how much would I need to shell out to buy this baby?
Abeer - not sure about the history but finding a Mach 500 for second hand is going to be difficult if not impossible. If you want to get one, I'd suggest getting something post 2005/7 models as these are the most refined ones with all the issues been sorted out.

If possible, go for the 500LB, but good luck finding one.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Deepak Saligram's thread on his Classic 500 has the largest viewership by far!
Such colossal following! The quintessential motor cycle!
Nothing else comes close! :cool:
The Bullet, in any avatar, rules!

ebonho

Banned
The Machismo / LB500 was formally launched in 2007. The last batch rolled out earlier this year I guess to fulfill bookings of those who refused to settle for the Classic 500 instead. Time will tell if the Classic 500 actually turns out to be as good (at least) if not better than the LB. As things stand today, the LB is a proven product, with a lot of scope for improvement in performance, which are both the Classic 500 has yet to achieve. As such, in Pune, Bangalore, and Chennai (at least) the LBs are leaving the Classics quite some distance behind. ;)