Still Learning ©
Sandakphu , Sikkim & Sohra on Bike !
It was my dream ride to above 3 places named with letter " S " & for which I rode through 7 Indian states viz. Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Assam, Meghalaya & Sikkim. My age is 49 and I ride Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS. In 2013 , I rode from Cuttack to Manipal for 3865 km , just to meet my daughter. I have rode solo to Ladakh & Zanskar in 2014 for 3987 km.
This ride was of total 4464 KM for 19 days.
Highlight of S 1 = Sohra ↓↓↓
Sohra , local name of Cherrapunjee has many waterfalls. And the Nohkalikai waterfall was special attraction for me.
Visited India's 4 th , 5 th and 7 th highest waterfalls in Cherrapunjee.
Rode on worse Farakka Route , Visited Fulbari Bangladesh Border , Kamakhya Temple Guwahati , Shillong 's 3 steps Elephant waterfalls , Air Force Museum, Umiam Lake of Shillong, LUM MANJEN-HIGHEST PLACE OF MEGHALAYA (6446 feet ).
Rode on Guwahati to Khasi mountain road...India's top 10 mountain road, Trekked to Single and double decker living root bridge of Nongriat , took bath in water stream near double decker living root bridge.
and while on the way to Siliguri rode via Buxa Tiger Reserve and Jaldapara National Park .
Highlight of S 2 = Sandakphu ↓↓↓
Sandakphu is HIGHEST PEAK OF WEST BENGAL at 11929 feet above sea level.
World's top 4 mountain peak =Four of the five highest peaks in the world ,ie. Everest, Kangchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu can be seen from Sandakphu.
Saw Sunset and Sunrise from Sandakphu.
Although from Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu is 31 KM , but it took one & half day on bike to reach. This road is meant for trekking and 4x4 vehicles only. But me and Neel Da ( @Neel The Striker) could reach there on Bike (one wheel drive).
Ghoom - Highest Railway Station in India (7407 feet).
Toughest Ride for me so far. Fell three times. Scrathed bike , broke mirror , Footrest pierced into shoes....but God kept me intact.
This ride would not have been completed without Neel Dey. I thank you Neel Da from bottom of my heart for all the great pictues of mine and your support during the ride of Sandakphu.
Highlight of S 3 = Sikkim ↓↓↓
Visited highest Lake of India TSO LHAMO LAKE at 17,400 feet.
Saw 5th Highest Pass of World Dongkha La Pass (18000 feet) from clearly visible distance, ie. from Tso Lhamo Lake base.
Visited Gurudongmor Lake , second highest lake of India at 17,100 feet.
Visited Highest Golf Course of World at KUPUP at 13000 feet.
Also visited Tsomgo Lake , Chopta Valley , Nathang Valley , Elephant Lake , Harbhajan Baba temple , Thangu etc
Rode through 32 zig zag hair pin band roads of Zuluk for 16 km.
1. Inspiration , preparation & acknowledgement.
2. My Past Rides.
S1 Sohra (Cherrapunjee )
3. Day 1 = 26th Sept 2015 = Cuttack to Burdwan.
4. Day 2 = 27th Sept 2015 = Burdwan to Raiganj.
5. Day 3 = 28th Sept 2015 = Raiganj to Alipurduar.
6. Day 4 = 29th Sept 2015 = Alipurduar to Guwahati.
7. Day 5 = 30th Sept 2015 = Guwahati to Sohra (Cherrapunjee) - PART - I
8. Day 6 = 1st Oct 2015 = Around Sohra- Waterfalls & Living Route Bridge.
9. Day 7 = 2nd Oct 2015 = Sohra to Barpeta Road.
10. Day 8 = 3rd Oct 2015 = Barpeta Road to Siliguri.
11. Day 9 = 4th Oct 2015 = Siliguri to Gairibash.
12. Day 10 = 5th Oct 2015 = Gairibash to Sandakphu. , Update 2 , Update 3.
13. Day 11 = 6th Oct 2015 = Sandakphu to Siliguri. , Update 2.
14. Day 12 = 7th Oct 2015 = Siliguri to Gangtok.
15. Day 13 = 8th Oct 2015 = Gangtok to Mangan. (PERMIT procedure included)
16. Day 14 = 9th Oct 2015 = Mangan to Thangu., Update 2.
17. Day 15 = 10th Oct 2015 = Thangu - Gurudongmor- Tso Lhamo - Mangan. Update 2 , Update 3.
18. Day 16 = 11th Oct 2015 = Mangan to Gangtok.
19 .Day 17= 12th Oct 2015 = Gangtok to Lungthung. Update 2 , Update 3 .
20. Day 18 =13th Oct 2015 = Lungthung - Zuluk -Bhagalpur.
21. Day 19 = 14th Oct 2015 = Bhagalpur to Cuttack.
Please give your valuable comments and you may also press "Like" to encourage me.
click HERE for next update
#Sandakphu #3S #3 S #3s #3S #3 S #Sikkim #Gurudongmor Lake #Gurudongmor #Sohra #Cherrapjunee #Cherapunjee #Cherrapunji #Shillong #Siliguri #bikeride #bike #Gankgtok #Thangu #Zuluk #Cuttack #Odisha #Garibus #North Sikkim #East Sikkim #Waterfall #Waterfalls #Tso Lhamo #Lakes #Highest Lake #Donkha La #Dongkha La #Donkia La Pass #Ride #Kanchenjungs #Changu Lake #Tsomgo Lake #sunrise
12 KB Views: 1,414
215 KB Views: 1,506
326.2 KB Views: 2,047
390 KB Views: 1,445
295.6 KB Views: 1,422
246.3 KB Views: 1,460
257.4 KB Views: 1,418
473.8 KB Views: 1,472
183.6 KB Views: 1,376
224.6 KB Views: 1,435
234.8 KB Views: 1,454
224.9 KB Views: 1,340
148.6 KB Views: 1,429
110.3 KB Views: 1,349
187.8 KB Views: 1,380
252.5 KB Views: 1,552
272.7 KB Views: 1,616
333.1 KB Views: 1,385
235.5 KB Views: 1,306
269 KB Views: 1,331