Saach Pass – Sa(a)ch me Bahut Mushkil hai

Alpha

Going to Neverland
You can attempt for both Saach Pass & Cliffhanger with @mindless wanderer .

Cliffhanger Road is having last blasts most probably this year.
But they close road and only lunch time is opened for traffic.
It is very tricky and have good luck to pass it on a 4 wheeler.
Do you have contact of Killar Guest house to ask them about big vehicles crossing this route for supplies etc. ?
Inshallah we will attempt soon
Both will be attempted and completed by all means next time

adsatinder

explorer
That hotel looks very colourful.
Waiting for further updates Alok bhai.
You have missed Saach Pass too !
Finally attempted again to Get Pass !

1579892830753.png

Last edited:

jitenderpathania

Globetrekker
Will appreciate a clarification here. I saw a Dezire going to and coming from the pass in September end from Bairagarh side. They did not go to Killar side, and there was no snow on the roads.

Can this road be traversed in a two wheel drive, if there is no snow on the road? Or a 4x4 will be required while going to Killar from the pass?

Request all the experts on Sach pass to give their opinion. (Please don't dishearten us as we can never hire a 4x4.:-( )
I have done it in my Wagon R in September 2016. Yes being a local guy does come with some benefits for me in terms of driving in hills with low ground clearance cars

adsatinder

explorer
I have done it in my Wagon R in September 2016. Yes being a local guy does come with some benefits for me in terms of driving in hills with low ground clearance cars
Saach Pass on White Wagon R in 2016.
A log is still pending.....

Please make your Log a Hit one !

This is other log on 10 years old Wagon R :

This trip was a grand plan. Travel to Sach Pass, then continue to some of the most dangerous roads Killad to Kishtwar and then to Zanskar and Ladakh. And it was not a conventional bike or SUV but humble 10 year old and 1,40,000kms old Maruti WagonR. Due to historical rains in Jammu and Kashmir, this trip had to cut short and I could do only first 2 i.e. Sach Pass and Killad Kishtwar road. However, this trip once again broke some of the myths about small car and if they can take what is called the territory of 4X4s.
So, here I present

Wagon R on Sach Pass top.

DSC06686.JPG

And standing of the frightening cliffs of Ishtiyari on Killad Kishtwad road.

DSC06758.JPG

Sach Pass & Cliffhanger Road also !

Wagon R on Sach Pass top and Padar Valley

Gumshuda ki Talaash :
@aashishkul
@ttusharz