Saach Pass – Sa(a)ch me Bahut Mushkil hai

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Today was going to be the momentous day when we could be sitting atop the mighty Sach Pass.

Sach Pass was around 150 kms far.

Killar the destination for the day was 40 kms further away.

It was going to be a long and difficult day of driving, yet we could leave Dalhousie by 7.45 am. Again without breakfast which meant an additional break of at least 30 minutes. I would have preferred to leave by 7.00 am instead. I guess I was a little too hard on my fellow travelers. We stopped at a roadside dhaba for breakfast after driving for about half an hour. Roads were good so far.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

After breakfast, we encountered our first bad stretch of roads when we entered the Chamera Dam area. The bad stretch lasted only few kilometers. Thereafter we found metalled road all the way till Bairagarh.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Right before entering Bairagarh the roads disappeared completely and it was all dug up too. Whatever track we were driving upon was very steep. As we crossed the small town if we may call it so, we were stopped at the check post which was supposed to be situated at Satrundi. We were videographed alongside our vehicle. ID proofs of all passengers were checked and entries were made in their register. Drivers were required to present their driving license as well as the RC of the vehicle they were carrying. It took us around 5 minutes to clear the process and we were on our way to Sach Pass.

We had crossed the best of the conditions. Hereafter it was all going to deteriorate. Going was very tough all the way till Satrundi. There was no tarmac and the gradient was steep. We found a dhaba and halted for lunch. It took us almost an hour there to finish with our lunch. By 2.30 pm we moved ahead.

Satrundi
41.jpg

dhaba at Satrundi
42.jpg

our lunch for the day
43.jpg

skysat2005

Super User
Congratulations Alok bhai for finally making it to the mighty Sach Pass.
And yes, it is damn difficult, but must not be so when you have a mighty 4x4 thar under your command.
Looking forward for the next update.
Cheers...