Sanjha Chullah, Kasol - Manikaran Road

sbkmurthy

Hi Everyone,

We stopped for lunch at this nice vegetarian restaurant (which is attached to an impressive looking hotel) on the Kasol - Manikaran Road. In addition to the standard menu of any upmarket restaurant in any metro, this restaurant has few Himachali dishes, which have an interesting difference in taste vis-a-vis the standard Punjabi fare.

Special mention needs to be made of a certain delicious, mildly spiced green pickled vegetable, which we could not identify. The waiter explained that it was Lingri, a plant which grows near water-falls in the Himachal mountains. As an edible souvenir / takeaway, I would recommend picking a bottle or two, of their Lingri pickles, which are rather unique in taste. You could sample it at the table prior to buying it.

Sanjha Chullah has a lovely lawn and a carefully tended garden full of different flowers. :) Children would love this restaurant. Excellent washroom too. Spacious car parking as well.

Cheers,

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Hi Everyone,

We stopped for lunch at this nice vegetarian restaurant (which is attached to an impressive looking hotel) on the Kasol - Manikaran Road. In addition to the standard menu of any upmarket restaurant in any metro, this restaurant has few Himachali dishes, which have an interesting difference in taste vis-a-vis the standard Punjabi fare.

Special mention needs to be made of a certain delicious, mildly spiced green pickled vegetable, which we could not identify. The waiter explained that it was Lingri, a plant which grows near water-falls in the Himachal mountains. As an edible souvenir / takeaway, I would recommend picking a bottle or two, of their Lingri pickles, which are rather unique in taste. You could sample it at the table prior to buying it.

Sanjha Chullah has a lovely lawn and a carefully tended garden full of different flowers. :) Children would love this restaurant. Excellent washroom too. Spacious car parking as well.

Cheers,
Did you purchased the 1KG pack? We didn't!:)

ashwinb

lingri is amazing...and i love restaurants serving himachali dishes..i think himachali food is picking up now.

Roadhunk

MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI
Well , we also have Hotel named Sanjha Chullah near Indian Coffee House Square, Sadar, Nagpur. Thought the food is priced on a higher side but the quantity and quality is awesome. Always flooded with customers and some standing in the waiting line.