Scania Buses India - Reviews and Experiences

Sandeep Dhawan

The Contrarian!
And then what? I don't think there is a Santa Cruz Railway station. Most people who come to Mumbai may want to go to different cities in Maharashtra and Gujarat. It would be nice to have buses to different destinations like New Delhi Airport is. However, I don't think there is an easy way to go to cities in UP from Delhi Airport. Stupid Indian trains want you to have Indian cell phone to make reservations from the web site. The market for foreigners coming to India is underserved, I think. Many foreigners travel alone which I don't think Indians either know or consider in identifying market opportunities.
Sorry I missed this. No Airport in India are as welcoming as you may find in states/uk etc. But indian airports improved / rebuild a lot since couple of years. Once you step out, you will get that Indian feeling which I feel is not wrong coz anyhow you have stepped in India.

Now about Santa Cruz, either take a cab and go whereever you want or get trains from Santa Cruz and go whereever you want to go in Mumbai Suburbs. What's so wrong in this?

- - - Updated - - -

Adding to the list of SCANIA Customers- PARVEEN TRAVELS , CHENNAI
No news from Bangalore based Bus agents? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Vivek hope you have gone through this ebook - special edition of Motorindia on buses.

Scania super luxury bus story and first customer SVLL has been mentioned

http://emagazine.motorindiaonline.in/index.aspx?issue=issue13&page=C1

Last edited:

Biswajit_3XL

Founder / MD - Hive Sustainable Solutions
Scania Metrolink HD is expected to be in KSRTC for trial run soon ... The same have been mentioned in an article in motor india ...

Here is the screenshot :

Here is the article link :

KSRTC - Motorindia

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Sorry I missed this. No Airport in India are as welcoming as you may find in states/uk etc. But indian airports improved / rebuild a lot since couple of years. Once you step out, you will get that Indian feeling which I feel is not wrong coz anyhow you have stepped in India.

Now about Santa Cruz, either take a cab and go whereever you want or get trains from Santa Cruz and go whereever you want to go in Mumbai Suburbs. What's so wrong in this?

- - - Updated - - -

No news from Bangalore based Bus agents? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Vivek hope you have gone through this ebook - special edition of Motorindia on buses.

Scania super luxury bus story and first customer SVLL has been mentioned

Motor India Magazine: Read MotorIndia Automotive Online Magazine India
Good link Sandeep :) I knew SVLL is the first customer inspite of other operator's speculations. Wait for another week, they will kick start SCANIA Mumbai-Surat CONNECT buses.

BTW, I second you in that whats wrong with travelling by Taxi or Auto from Airport.I am sure they are all metered.

And Sandeep, just wait for some breaking news about Bangalore based bus operators going for SCANIA ;) They have not officially leaked the info but they are in the race, may be a little late

- - - Updated - - -

Scania Metrolink HD is expected to be in KSRTC for trial run soon ... The same have been mentioned in an article in motor india ...

Here is the screenshot :

Here is the article link :

KSRTC - Motorindia
Too good :) With the factory in Bangalore itself, KSRTC may definitely procure SCANIA Multiaxles in coming days

Last edited:

Biswajit_3XL

Scania Update from Bus World Kortrijk (Belgium) Europe - 2013 [18th Oct 2013 -> 23rd Oct 2013]

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Does anyone have info about launch date of SVLL SCANIA Superluxury ' CONNECT ' Mumbai-Surat operations ??
Its 22nd Oct already, they were supposed to kick start operation by OCT end :)

Biswajit_3XL

Does anyone have info about launch date of SVLL SCANIA Superluxury ' CONNECT ' Mumbai-Surat operations ??
Its 22nd Oct already, they were supposed to kick start operation by OCT end :)
Keeping a track of the SVLL facebook page and website everyday :cool: ... Hope to hear from them soon :supz:

Biswajit_3XL

Bus hostesses (crew) of SVLL Connect Scania which is suppose to launch its Mumbai -> Surat services in Oct end 2013
pic source : SVLL connect facebook page

Last edited:

Biswajit_3XL

Scania update :

Anand considering Scania Metrolink HD 14.5 meter Multiaxle .... Source : Anand VOLVO crew.....