Scania Buses India - Reviews and Experiences

Biswajit_3XL

Founder / MD - Hive Sustainable Solutions
Great piece of info Biswajit :) Hope they actually buy it. What about SVLL Launch ??
SVLL connect will start in november, although in a press release earlier, they stated oct last week for the launch of their Mumbai -> Surat service ..... Info from sources in Bangalore, who have attended Scania Bangalore plant launch on 29th october 2013....

- - - Updated - - -

First Official Ad from SVLL connect on their facebook page :

SVLL CONNECT SCANIA METROLINK HD
STARTING NOVEMBER 2013 : MUMBAI -> SURAT AND MUMBAI -> PUNE. (Confirmed)

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
SVLL connect will start in november, although in a press release earlier, they stated oct last week for the launch of their Mumbai -> Surat service ..... Info from sources in Bangalore, who have attended Scania Bangalore plant launch on 29th october 2013....

- - - Updated - - -

First Official Ad from SVLL connect on their facebook page :

SVLL CONNECT SCANIA METROLINK HD
STARTING NOVEMBER 2013 : MUMBAI -> SURAT AND MUMBAI -> PUNE. (Confirmed)

Bang on :) Great piece of info Biswajit :) I am sketching a plan to do Pune-Mumbai sometime after 2 months in that SVLL Connect SCANIA

Biswajit_3XL

Bang on :) Great piece of info Biswajit :) I am sketching a plan to do Pune-Mumbai sometime after 2 months in that SVLL Connect SCANIA
I am taking the initiative sooner i hope :) ... I still remember Bus world 2013 Mumbai, when i saw the Scania metrolink HD for the first time and spoke to the scania officials in Scania HUB of the expo... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Because of the DC customization, the number of seats in SVLL connect Scania multiaxle is reduced to 31... It has a 2+1 executive class seat arrangement...

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Biswajit, who all are breaking silence on SCANIA multaixle by next 15-30 days on Bangalore-Belgaum-Pune-Mumbai route ??

Last edited:

Biswajit_3XL

Biswajit, who all are breaking silence on SCANIA multaixle by next 15-30 days on Bangalore-Belgaum-Pune-Mumbai route ??
Things will be delayed as there is delay in import of the first lot from Malaysia...

Source of info : People who have visited Scania launch on 29th oct 2013...

Further details awaited ..

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Scania MetroLink 7-Star luxury Bus B11R by DC Design for SVLL (Photos)

At the Scania India plant inauguration in Naraspura near Bangalore, there was one special bus. Designed by India’s most famous car/bus customizer, DC, the MetroLink B11R was nothing like anything the Indian luxury bus segment has seen till date.

Scania MetroLink 7-Star luxury Bus B11R by DC Design for SVLL (Photos) | Rush Lane
So much of wrong information by rushlane website. Its says B11R !! :shock:. The seating capacity is said to be 21 whereas its actually 31 !!

Anyways the good part is, it has lot of photos covering every detail

- - - Updated - - -

In the wake of SVLL SCANIA super luxury, media seems to have totally forgotten that this ultra luxurious bus concept was pioneered in India by Bluehill group,Bangalore when they introduced Volvo B9Rs and Mercedes multiaxle buses modified by DC and put them on Bangalore-Chennai route. Earlier the name was superluxurybus which was later changed to 'Olivea'. The routes were also extended viz.Bangalore-Hyderabad,Mysore,Coimbatore ; Delhi to Agra and Delhi to Jaipur etc..

Its not that SVLL's SCANIA superluxury is the first of its kind or that India has never seen till date. In the year 2010 itself Bluehill group pioneered the concept followed by Eagle corporation's CLUB ONE superluxury buses on Mumbai-Rajkot route ( year 2012 ). CLUB ONE also has Volvo B9R models modified by DC design and they are still in service. I guess Olivea has shut down.

So, SVLL is the third of its kind but only first in that it got the SCANIA superluxury model

Biswajit_3XL

Siddaganga - A tourist operator from Bangalore have ordered 2 scania metrolink HD 14.5 meter multiaxles ....

Source : Siddaganga VOLVO B7R mark 3 crew in Belgaum (extra coach for deepavali due to passenger demands)

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Siddaganga - A tourist operator from Bangalore have ordered 2 scania metrolink HD 14.5 meter multiaxles ....

Source : Siddaganga VOLVO B7R mark 3 crew in Belgaum (extra coach for deepavali due to passenger demands)
Great :) Biswajit, I have a hunch that PAI Associates of Belgaum has also gone in for SCANIA multiaxle. Its just a pure intuition. You may know better. What about the reputed SHARMA ?? NATIONAL ?? Are they going in for SCANIAs ??