I have quoted the Ex-Showroom figures from TATA Safari's website and the price is for Mumbai.
1) Power Windows at the right place and this is important ergonomically.
2) Roof mounted rear A/C and it also has the vents b/w front seats.
3) Heated outside rearview mirrors.
4) Electrically Adjustable Rear View Mirrors.
5) Demister on the front windows as well.
6) Alpine head unit IMHO better than Kenwood anyday.
7) Classy Analogue clock with lit hands.
8 Door open indicator light (Red, built into the door pad)for the traffic coming from behind.
Thats besides a more powerful engine, more space, better steering, better ride and better looks!
Coming to Scorpio:
1) Tyre pressure sensor... Isnt accurate but gives you a rough idea, nice addition, no complaints.
2) Automatic Wiper and headlights: As I said, they started on their own during the course of my test drive in bright sunlight! They might work but do I need it... is it something I cant live without?
3) Cruise Control: on a manual gearbox car? Can mahindra tell me how does it work.... the dash has no indication whatsoever if its on and if it is, what speed is it set up at? Please dont confuse it with radar guided cruise control systems in a Merc or a BMW!
4) Stupid talk thingie... it was hilarious the first time I turned on the ignition in a Scorpio "Scorpio is a powerful vehicle, Please fasten your seat belts"... yeah its a Cayenne beater. I burst out in laughter right in front of the test drive guy. Sophisticated talking technology according to Mahindra but absolutely utterly useless.
5) Body graphics.... eh on a SUV! Argh!
6) Park assist... but then its not something you cannot fit aftermarket and doesnt require any major fabrication or modifications.
You may curse Safari quality and I agree its not good but so is Scorpio's. The dashboard on a Scorpio end before it even starts. Besides have you looked at the glovebox cover... its incredibly flimsy. Next time have a look at Safari's glovebox... its coated with a damping material inside so that there's no rattle when something is kept inside.
Talking of price
Mahindra Scorpio VLX: Rs. 9.65 lakh Ex-Showroom Delhi.
Safari VTT 2.2 Dicor: 869107 Ex-Showroom Delhi
A difference of almost 1 lakh rupees.
I can go on but not in a mood to write long.