Scorpio VLX mHawk

torque

yes, i am an automobile engineer and i have heard of overdrive. also, i completely agree to what you said. and thats what even i meant that top gear is for cruising.
so even if the 5th gear in safari is "derestricted", it wont go till 180 kmph. are you trying to say that the safari will challenge the honda CRV in top speed?
why should TATA restrict it to 2500 rpm without any reason?
I said b/w 170 to 180 kph and not 180 kph!
Do you have any idea what speed Safari is doing when its restricted at 2500 rpm in 5th with some more juice still left? Approximately 150 kmph.
Derestricted, the tacho goes up to 2800-2900 rpm and you what speed that equates to in 5th gear... b/w 168 kmph to 174 kmph.

torque

i am in no mood to waste my time and stationary in writing to the customer service department when i know that no action will be taken.
finally, you are right, "No company will just change the clutch just like that and that too 3 times!", but TATA did...!!!
I wish you could have done that... Sigh! Enjoy your Scorpio. :D

I'll let another secret out here.... a tuning box is available for Dicor 3.0 and it boost the power to more than 130 + bhp!
Safari has some following in Italy and tuning box has been designed specifically for Safari by an Italian firm.

Last edited:

raj_5004

I wish you could have done that... Sigh! Enjoy your Scorpio. :D

I'll let another secret out here.... a tuning box is available for Dicor 3.0 and it boost the power to more than 130 + bhp!
Safari has some following in Italy and tuning box has been designed specifically for Safari by an Italian firm.
yes dude, i am actually enjoying my scorpio!
which is sadly not the case with my safari...

tuning boxes are available even for zen, logan, swift and many others. the mHawk like the safari 2.2, makes 140 bhp but mahindra has tuned it down to 120 bhp. so, no tuning box is required here. i have read in overdrive of a guy who has modified his scorpio to make 160 bhp!

mukeshus

Hello mukesh here , i hav booked an mhawk vlx version so can antone tell me whether i can change the rear speakers of the same with an amp and sub with audio mounted on steering still working? As i was told by the dealer that if i change the music system the vol control on steering wont work is it true? After booking if stock is not there with the dealer how many days does it takes for M&M to deliver the vehicle to dealer, Pls reply to my ques, I hav booked a mist silver VLX,

mukeshus

Hello mukesh here , i hav booked an mhawk vlx version so can antone tell me whether i can change the rear speakers of the same with an amp and sub with audio mounted on steering still working? As i was told by the dealer that if i change the music system the vol control on steering wont work is it true? After booking if stock is not there with the dealer how many days does it takes for M&M to deliver the vehicle to dealer, Pls reply to my ques, I hav booked a mist silver VLX, AND SHOULD I GO FOR A 4 CHANNEL AMP WITH SUB OF 1000W.AND I WAS TOLD BY THE SHOWROOM THAT THE USB CAPABILITY THEY HAV PROVIDED WOULD NOT GIVE MUCH EFFECT AS BY SONY AS IT IS 40W X 4(NIPPON),sO IF I CONNECT 400W SPEAKER WOULD I GET THE SAME EFFECT AS THAT WITH SONY

Last edited:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a ring of desperation here! :grin:

Welcome, Mukesh! Calm down. These petty issues will all get sorted out in due course.
How about a wee introduction to yourself first! :grin:

mukeshus

Hello sir this is mukesh from bangalore, I am doing my Engg in Bangalore, Well to be honestly I got all the information about scorpio from all of the reviews posted in this website,Thanks to this info provided by all of you , First of all i test drove a Scorpio CRDE 2.6 First we had thought of buying the same , But when i drove Mhawk the cranking was bit faster than 2.6, Hence i decided to buy the same, So most probably it is available by tomo. Even i heard a whoa sound from that ac vents during my test drive, Does that indicates problem in the near future, Pls reply to all of this,All these reviews has really helped me a lot in asking questions about the same to dealer. Waitin for your reply